Home Made Flash Paper

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Hello Everyone

I was just wondering something...is it posible do your own flash paper? I think I read somewhere a way of doing it...of course that was before I realized it was so expensive...any help or direction would be appreciated...you can PM me if you want

Jul 13, 2009
I don't suggest making your own flashpaper at home. The process is time consuming, not to mention VERY DANGEROUS. It uses chemicals such as Nitric Acid and Sulfuric Acid both of which will do a lot of harm. Sulfuric acid doesn't only eat away skin, but it is highly hygroscopic. When Sulfuric acid gets on your bare flesh, all the water is sucked out of your skin turning it black as it basically chars it like an open flame. Not a fun day if you ask me.

Jan 7, 2011
Hello Everyone

I was just wondering something...is it posible do your own flash paper? I think I read somewhere a way of doing it...of course that was before I realized it was so expensive...any help or direction would be appreciated...you can PM me if you want

well i belive flash cotton is alot cheaper and easier to ignite!
hope i helped check out my youtube.
Mysterycloseup!

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Fellas...I am friends with 2 Science Professors and they said the entire process is VERY Dangerous, hazardous to your health if not certain precautions are not taken and not cheap. Just buy the darn stuff.

Nov 9, 2010
I don't suggest making your own flashpaper at home. The process is time consuming, not to mention VERY DANGEROUS. It uses chemicals such as Nitric Acid and Sulfuric Acid both of which will do a lot of harm. Sulfuric acid doesn't only eat away skin, but it is highly hygroscopic. When Sulfuric acid gets on your bare flesh, all the water is sucked out of your skin turning it black as it basically chars it like an open flame. Not a fun day if you ask me.

Aaah, yes.. The vanishing skin routine!

Z

Zach Lambert

If you are a chemist... Then great... If you are not experienced in working with chemicals... Then.... Well... Yeah...

Jun 10, 2010
If you are a chemist... Then great... If you are not experienced in working with chemicals... Then.... Well... Yeah...

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this is a joke!

Here's how to make Flash Paper and learn a lesson at home in a few stupid steps:
1. Buy Nitric Acid and Ethanol
2. Mix together

EDIT: Forgot to mention that this is a joke!

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Ok...I wanted to thank you for all the help provided...I think I am gonna go ahead and try to make it myself...I am not foreign to handing chemicals (not that I am a drug addict!!)

@Reverhart: I`ll be extra careful and use gloves and glasses...maybe even use condoms...just in case

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
It's not just that Luis, you need to have a breathing mask too supposedly as to not inhale any of the air pollutants. Just be careful man.

Jul 13, 2009
Its not even only pollutants. If you think liquid acid is bad, wait till you inhale vaporized acid into your lungs. :D Oh what pleasant imagery that is! Bleeding internally and all.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
Just spend the 10 bucks and safe yourself a hospital visit. You don't have the proper equipment or training to deal with the chemicals.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Seriously Luis...I am not kidding. The stuff is not worth it. I'm saying this as your friend. I know what I am talking about. I looked into it because i was going to mass produce the stuff a year ago and went to a science teacher and a science professor and both said "don't even think about" without all the proper protection, breathing mask / helmet, etc.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Seriously Luis...I am not kidding. The stuff is not worth it. I'm saying this as your friend. I know what I am talking about. I looked into it because i was going to mass produce the stuff a year ago and went to a science teacher and a science professor and both said "don't even think about" without all the proper protection, breathing mask / helmet, etc.

Hey Rick!!

C´mon man!! relax!! I was just curious if there was a way to do it myself...in a safe way...either way I am asking a chemist friend if he can do it in a safe way...he has handled more dangerous things...

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
That's cool man. If you have a guy that can do it, more power to you Luis. Tell us how it goes. Hope all is well with you man. Any gigs lately? Just returned from one tonight. Read my Thread Go the Extra Mile.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results