"that thing" from ellusionist?

Sep 20, 2008
Whatever that thing is- that **** is CRAZZZZZZZZZZZZY. i mean. first thing that pops into my mind is Smoke. but he has no sleeves.

Shiiiit...

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Looks ok, would like Eric to chime in and let us know whether this is an actual thing that will (Or at least could) be marketed, or whether it was just a one-off thing there and then...

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
My sources tell me this will leave you dirty rigged. Not as clean, easy, or practical as Smoke. From what I hear the pricetag will make you want to cry.

That's all I can say for now. Nothing I know is confirmed, but it should be fairly reliable. As soon as I know more legit, non-exposing details, you will hear.

Don't get your hopes up.

L

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
My sources tell me this will leave you dirty rigged. Not as clean, easy, or practical as Smoke. From what I hear the pricetag will make you want to cry.

That's all I can say for now. Nothing I know is confirmed, but it should be fairly reliable. As soon as I know more legit, non-exposing details, you will hear.

Don't get your hopes up.

L

Sweet Jeezus, tell me it's not another rubber tube running down your sleeve

I was hanging out all week with Eric, and the rest of the boys over at E. I had a chance to not only see this new thing, but also I purchased a copy for myself.

Here's the details. It's a new and improved smoke from hand gimmick like the Ultra Smoke 2000 system HOWEVER this system does not eat away or destroy the lining in your sleeves. It's a safe, non toxic alternative that works on the same principle as the E-cigs. It produces giant, thick plumes of water vapor through the use of a specially engineered double thick cartridge.

The new "thing" is capable of releasing the smoke in two bursts. One is a three second burst, the other a five second burst. While currently only white smoke is available, by the end of the year we can expect to see other colors such as Red, Green, Blue, and Black smoke to hit the market.

E will be selling refill cartridges through their website, and they should retail for around 20$ for ten of them. Each cartridge is good for about 40 (or so) bursts of smoke. The thing will probably retail for around 150$. I estimate high on this, because I don't know if the price I got was a convention only thing or not.

As for ending dirty with it, that really depends upon how you work. The thing (the name of the device is Pure Smoke) comes with two rigging setups that allow you to either attach it to your wrist, or to the inside of your jacket. If you chose the jacket route, then you can pull your sleeves up and end clean. If you go the wrist route, then no... you'll be dirty. So far, I'm liking the wrist strap better, only because it feels more secure to me.

I'm pretty damn excited about this thing, and I've been playing with it all day yesterday. It should be a powerful prop in the right hands. In the wrong hands, it'll be an expensive toy. Either way it's a lot of fun to work with.

Jul 16, 2011
I've been waiting for a new smoke from hands device... After seeing all the complaints and horrible reviews on Ultrasmoke

Pete Pridanonda

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2009
In my opinion, this video seems to be very misleading to me because I was at Magic Live and I know that this can't be done with a short sleeve shirt. Yes, in the end, there's a way to roll your sleeves up but definitely can't be done short sleeved during the effect. I'm not going to go so far as to tip the method but William Draven, you were at Magic Live and I was to, so maybe we can help clarify Eric Jone's performance.

Eric Jones performed with a jacket, it is possible depending on how you rig the gimmick to produce smoke from a short sleeve shirt. All you have to do is position the gimmick belly level inside your jacket or vest. keep hands at belly level, and wallah, instant smoke from no sleeves.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Eric Jones performed with a jacket, it is possible depending on how you rig the gimmick to produce smoke from a short sleeve shirt. All you have to do is position the gimmick belly level inside your jacket or vest. keep hands at belly level, and wallah, instant smoke from no sleeves.

I think he means that the video Ellusionist posted on their site had Eric performing with a short sleeve shirt on to spark interest, while in reality you can't perform it short sleeved. He most likely demo'd the effect with a jacket on to you guys personally, but to create buzz he did it short sleeved.

I think he means that the video Ellusionist posted on their site had Eric performing with a short sleeve shirt on to spark interest, while in reality you can't perform it short sleeved. He most likely demo'd the effect with a jacket on to you guys personally, but to create buzz he did it short sleeved.

Casey,

No I understand what he was trying to say. Yes when in person Eric was in a jacket doing demos, but I can see how the gimmick can be rigged to be performed short sleeved. It is possible. May not be preferable, but it is possible. The point I'm getting at is that wasn't false advertisement.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results