The Anti-Faro

j.p

Jul 10, 2012
Birmingham
www.twitter.com
I am thinking of getting the video since as it is only $10 on The Blue Crown. It's a move that I've been wanting to learn for a while. I have a few questions:

How difficult is it? On a scale 1-10, 10 being impossible.
Do you ever use this?
Is the video good?

Thanks guys.

Nov 18, 2012
i would scale it at about a 7.5. Its more knacky than difficult. Once you get it once, it'll become much easier to do it again. Somewhat similar to the learning process of the regular faro, except to get it perfect consistently, it will take you a few months of on and off practicing. As far as applications go, well, its like a faro... but backwards.
So if you're casually shuffling, its a pretty great convincer to first faro them, then unfaro them (but make sure to put the right packet on top/bottom!), but really it's more of an effects worth knowing, rather than an effect you'l really use in your everyday magician's life.

Feb 7, 2011

It's a move that's only worth learning if you want to be able to do it. It is extremely difficult and is going to take years. I'm not trying to discourage you, but that's the honest truth.

i would scale it at about a 7.5. Its more knacky than difficult. Once you get it once, it'll become much easier to do it again. Somewhat similar to the learning process of the regular faro, except to get it perfect consistently, it will take you a few months of on and off practicing. As far as applications go, well, its like a faro... but backwards.
So if you're casually shuffling, its a pretty great convincer to first faro them, then unfaro them (but make sure to put the right packet on top/bottom!), but really it's more of an effects worth knowing, rather than an effect you'l really use in your everyday magician's life.

From your post it sounds highly unlikely that you can do the anti-faro. Forgive me if I'm wrong. As for comparing it to learning a regular faro, forget about it.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I'll put this way. The creator of the Anti-Faro couldn't come up with any practical applications for it. The Faro on the other hand, can be hard to learn at first. But once you get it down, you can do a ton of really great card magic with it.

Now, if you want to spend the 10 dollars just to learn the move. That is great, but be aware that it will be of use to people who want to show off to other magicians.

Nov 18, 2012
In comparing it to the original faro, I meant that at first it seems quite impossible, and you're not quite sure how to start, but once you're able to do it once, it becomes much easier to repeat the process. Where with the faro this takes about 2 days, with the anti faro it takes months.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results