Digital Dissolve - Special Announcement by Steve Dusheck & theory11

Hart,

I don't think I ever personally attacked you on the forums. I do remember you being pretty much an *** to Steve on the forums to defend your position.

Do I think that someone intentionally did what they did knowing full well the ramifications of their actions? Yes I do actually and I think it put some of the individuals here at T11 in a very uncomfortable position. That being said it is water over the bridge at this point and most of us have moved forward on the issue. The issue was resolved, changes were made, everyone seems to be happy.

You seem to want to sling some mud around after the fact and claim some sort of moral victory here because you fought against those who supported Steve. Personally I could care less and don't have the time for petty b.s. like this so have a ball.

--Jim

Well Jim, you still had time to respond. Notice I didn't single anyone out but I'm glad you felt the need to comment.

Not here to throw mud, just point out how funny people can be with issues like this. I know some of you will say this is "water under the bridge" but there was some pretty nasty accusations made against t11. But whats done is done I guess.

You say I acted like an a-hole toward Steve? Maybe you forget the things others said and made up about t11? I would say I was pretty tamed in comparison...

Like I said before, pretty big of the theory 11 guys to "forget" the things some of you said and fabricated about them and allow you on THEIR forums. Just shows what stand up guys they are. Can't say the same for other forum operators and users....

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 4, 2007
And lets all fight after the conflict has been resolved! Yay! Now on topic, stop fighting are you guys 7 year olds trying to prove some sort of a point. It doesn't matter if T11 did it intentionally or not (I doubt they did) but it's over. On a lighter note (not too much lighter) it really stinks that the gimmick is made cheaper now and not as good quality as before. May hold me back from buying now.:(

And lets all fight after the conflict has been resolved! Yay! Now on topic, stop fighting are you guys 7 year olds trying to prove some sort of a point. It doesn't matter if T11 did it intentionally or not (I doubt they did) but it's over. On a lighter note (not too much lighter) it really stinks that the gimmick is made cheaper now and not as good quality as before. May hold me back from buying now.:(

Wait, why is it cheaper?

BTW, sorry for bringing up the past...

Guess I still have a few hard feelings toward those who attacked me personally on the cafe just for voicing my opinion. I didn't do anything to anyone and yet they(Steve D. as well) attacked me because I wanted to give t11 the benefit of the doubt...go figure. Glad t11 proved all of them wrong....

Just wanted to say congrats to both Theory11 and Steve Dushek.

You've made this effect better than ever now and all the conflict is resolved. I hope everyone is extremely happy with this agreement because I know as a customer this is awesome, all of this extra handlings and history of the product is amazing. Only 10 dollars or something extra? An amazing deal if you ask me, especially since Jamie has produced these coins, he's just a genious.

Great work to everyone.

-Happy Holidays,
-RA69

Aug 30, 2007
Wait, why is it cheaper?

The gimmicks for DD are made using the exact same process as they would be for a custom order. Now, I'm sure that Jamie spends a few more minutes eyeing custom orders for $70 a piece than he does on mass produced coins, but I can assure you that the production process is the same. These are not lower quality gimmicks. And, according to Jamie, the second run of DD coins is even better than the first. His production process is becoming more streamlined meaning that we receive a smaller and smaller amount of defective coins.

Dana

Sep 2, 2007
Actually, it's $44.95 -- not $45 -- but if you'd like to send me the additional five cents, feel free to do so. ;)

With the re-release of Digital Dissolve, you also receive the original manuscript of Steve Dusheck's Copper/Silver Transposition, as a download:
You're correct-- the price has been increased to $44.95 as the manuscript provides tons of extra value-- and truth be told, it's still a crazy good deal. The precision made gimmicks usually go for $70 direct from Jamie Schoolcraft, so with the DVD, the manuscript, the coins, and the packaging-- it's a LOT for a little.
Cheers,
JTM

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Actually, it's $44.95 -- not $45 -- but if you'd like to send me the additional five cents, feel free to do so. ;)

With Digital Dissolve, one now additionally receives the original manuscript of Steve Dusheck's Copper/Silver Transposition, as a download:

Cheers,
JTM

Ah, I'm so glad to see that Digital Dissolve is yet again a part of Theory11. I love this effect, and as soon as I recieve the original manuscript I think that I'll be performing this more often!

Do I have to do anything special to get my hands on it since I ordered the 1st edition of Digital Dissolve when the site was first launched?

I agree, this really does show Theory11's true colors and yet again...this is definatly a place that I'm proud to say that I'm a part of.

Keep it rockin'.

Shane K.

Oct 30, 2007
Hart,
I know I shouldn't even entertain a response ... but there IS a big difference between "Kissing ***" and commending the folks for stepping up and making things right with Steve!
Mick

Sep 2, 2007
Do I have to do anything special to get my hands on it since I ordered the 1st edition of Digital Dissolve when the site was first launched?
The manuscript is "on the house" for those who have already purchased Digital Dissolve, as stated in the news post: "... to all of you that have already purchased Digital Dissolve-- check your email. It's on the house."

Some have gotten the email, others have not -- if anything, submit a support ticket and the support guys will help you out.

Cheers,
JTM

waynehouchin

theory11 artist
Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chico, CA
www.waynehouchin.com
Trust me when I say that 45 bucks for this package is an absolute steal!

I couldn't agree with you more. I know that I don't only speak for myself when I say that - as a working professional - I GLADLY would have paid upwards of $500.00 to add this effect to my performing repertoire. Those of you who are workers will know what I'm talking about. An effect of this nature that:

-personally involves your audience
-is relatively easy to perform
-is as visually magical as it is
-requires almost NO set-up or re-set
-comes with MULTIPLE handlings & options that allow you to customize your presentation

is INVALUABLE.

Dec 14, 2007
I just wanted to thank theory11 for doing the right thing. So many people in our field rationalize theft and defend poor ethical positions. When they are finally forced into doing something about it, they still pass the buck or simply refuse to acknowledge an error had been made.

So often we only criticize those who do wrong; we fail to recognize those who do right.

Theory11 did the right thing. They publicly admitted they made a mistake; they took steps to make the situation right with the affected parties; and they have apparently implemented measures to keep it from happening again.

When theory11 first appeared on the scene, many said, "oh, another Ellusionist." I am happy to report they are wrong. Theory11 has already demonstrated that they are - at least ethically - nothing like "another Ellusionist."

I hope theory11 will prove to be a great example to other producers: that new magical ideas can be presented via cutting edge formats in a manner that is respectful of other creators and the art as a whole.

As someone who cares about these issues, I thank you for handling this in a professional and ethical manner.

Respectfully,

Brad Henderson

waynehouchin

theory11 artist
Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Chico, CA
www.waynehouchin.com
I just wanted to thank theory11 for doing the right thing. So many people in our field rationalize theft and defend poor ethical positions. When they are finally forced into doing something about it, they still pass the buck or simply refuse to acknowledge an error had been made.

So often we only criticize those who do wrong; we fail to recognize those who do right.

Theory11 did the right thing. They publicly admitted they made a mistake; they took steps to make the situation right with the affected parties; and they have apparently implemented measures to keep it from happening again.

When theory11 first appeared on the scene, many said, "oh, another Ellusionist." I am happy to report they are wrong. Theory11 has already demonstrated that they are - at least ethically - nothing like "another Ellusionist."

I hope theory11 will prove to be a great example to other producers: that new magical ideas can be presented via cutting edge formats in a manner that is respectful of other creators and the art as a whole.

As someone who cares about these issues, I thank you for handling this in a professional and ethical manner.

Respectfully,

Brad Henderson

Brad:

Seasons greetings! Thank you for your thoughts - you make several great points. This is something that we certainly have learned from, and as you mentioned, I hope that others within our community can learn from our mistakes as well. We all stand on the shoulders of giants & it is important that we recognize and acknowledge that.

Sep 2, 2007
The Digital Dissolve DVD is being re-filmed & edited for the 2nd edition DVD, but there won't be any additional performances, or the such:
Just so you have an idea, we are re-filming the part where Dan White briefly discusses the incorrect history of Digital Dissolve. We will also be adding to the end credits as well. So the extra footage will not contain new performances or anything like that, we're just making sure that all of the history & crediting on the DVD is corrected.
Cheers,
JTM

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
The gimmicks for DD are made using the exact same process as they would be for a custom order. Now, I'm sure that Jamie spends a few more minutes eyeing custom orders for $70 a piece than he does on mass produced coins, but I can assure you that the production process is the same. These are not lower quality gimmicks. And, according to Jamie, the second run of DD coins is even better than the first. His production process is becoming more streamlined meaning that we receive a smaller and smaller amount of defective coins.

Dana

Will it be possible for us owners of the first batch gimmicks to purchase the newly made gimmick without re-buying the DVD (like with the Distortion gimmick)?

Dec 14, 2007
Kissing Up

Also wanted to add that its pretty big of theory11 to allow the stone throwers on their forums, if it was up to me I wouldn't let trashtalkers come knockin on my door. Try talkin smack about Steve Brooks over on the cafe and you would get banned...

Mr Keene,

Theory11 is a business. They did the right thing. Some of us who hoped they they would came here to complement them on their course of action. Any business who would ban people who disagree with them would not last very long.

If anyone is "kissing-up" here, it seems to be you. You owe an apology to the creator of DD, Steve Dusheck. You owe an apology to a lot of people, but I doubt you would ever give one. I purchased the product, did you? I also refused to perform it before this resolution. Now, I can put something I bought to good use.

When I send my money to a business, they are not doing me a favor by selling me their product. So no kissing-up is needed. The folks here did the right thing. Everyone seems happy. And credit is being given for that. That is honor.

Learn from it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results