Holy Grail by Jordan Johnson

Hey guys. I just received my copy of Holy Grail by Jordan Johnson today. After watching it, I was astounded by the very, very. VERY clever method in which he used for this Torn and Restored card.

The method:

The method can be considered as diabolical as Mathieu Bich's TnR. It does, however, require you to make a gimmick which can be made in around 10 minutes. Once you get the hang of it, you can make it in less than that.

The teaching:

Jordan goes in depth of making the gimmick, and 2 advanced routines that allows you to restore each crease of the restored card. I think he could've gotten more in depth about the gimmick and should have brought up some troubleshooting answers, as I had a bit of trouble making the gimmick.

The quality:

The DVD is shot in good quality. Now, it is not in HD or anything but you can see everything clearly.

Overall:

I give this effect a 7/10. I think the gimmick is a bit of a hassle to make, but it is worth every minute. You might have some problem with the gimmick in your deck unless you do a deck switch, which I'm not a huge fan of. Please don't judge this trick by all of my opinion. It is still an amazing work of art and I strongly recommend it.

;D

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Why would you need to do a deck switch? Or do you mean switch of the card involving the deck? Or do you mean a switch of the deck?

Oct 24, 2007
I have to disagree, the method is blah... so unoriginal.

Actually, I would disagree with you, the method is very good and very original. It's a great Torn & Restored. And I'm not saying that because I know Jordan Johnson. ;)

I actually viewed this trick for him before he ever released it, and I like it a lot. I use it quite often. I would recommend buying it if you like Torn & Restored tricks. :) Peace!

Tyler

Aug 31, 2007
Actually, I would disagree with you, the method is very good and very original. It's a great Torn & Restored. And I'm not saying that because I know Jordan Johnson. ;)

I actually viewed this trick for him before he ever released it, and I like it a lot. I use it quite often. I would recommend buying it if you like Torn & Restored tricks. :) Peace!

Tyler

Lol, this isn't considered original at all, in terms of T&R. This is a magician's T&R, magicians can't figure it out, but specs can.

Think about it.

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cool idea, but stick with TORN by Daniel Garcia.
Why bother with the set up and what not.

Hmm...I'd say the setup is way worth it, especially when the pieces are always visible.....much like in T&R.

One of the beautiful things about ReinCARDnation is that it's impromptu.....so no gimmick is needed.....BUT....it's not as clean looking as The Holy Grail or T&R.

Man....why can't someone invent a self-healing material that can be made into a playing card so that a REAL torn & restored effect could be done.

(by the way, the last line was a joke).

Peace :)

Aug 31, 2007
Hmm...I'd say the setup is way worth it, especially when the pieces are always visible.....much like in T&R.

One of the beautiful things about ReinCARDnation is that it's impromptu.....so no gimmick is needed.....BUT....it's not as clean looking as The Holy Grail or T&R.

Man....why can't someone invent a self-healing material that can be made into a playing card so that a REAL torn & restored effect could be done.

(by the way, the last line was a joke).

Peace :)

Don't you mean, TnR?

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
I don't want to expose, but you can do it with OR without a deck switch. Jordan just suggests it in the DVD, but it is a bit cleaner if you do it.

Again, this does not, in any way clear up my question. "Deck switch" implies switching the DECK. OR, is the switch in question, necessary or not, a switch of a single card that involves going to the deck.

Now, I know the answer mind you, but it was as per the original post. The wording seems to imply the need for an actual DECK switch for some odd reason, not just a switch of a single card.

Again, this does not, in any way clear up my question. "Deck switch" implies switching the DECK. OR, is the switch in question, necessary or not, a switch of a single card that involves going to the deck.

Now, I know the answer mind you, but it was as per the original post. The wording seems to imply the need for an actual DECK switch for some odd reason, not just a switch of a single card.

Sorry about my wording, Glenn.

PhilTheMagician

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2007
How does The Holy Grail compare to TnR? Both seem VERY similar. I'm familiar with TnR, and if this is very close, then there's no need to pick the Holy Grail.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results