Strike Change

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
I bought the trick "Strike Change" from the 1-on-1 section, and now I'm gonna review it!

First of all I tell you that I'm gonna give you a fair review, and that's good, right?

This trick is teached by Aaron Fisher, and he's a great teacher. First of all he tells you that this trick isn't easy, this is not a trick for a beginner, and that's just so right. He alos tells you that this trick is not a trick that you want to do surrounded. It's not that hard to make it look right if just practice and listen to what he is saying.

So, the secret "method" of this is trick is just so good! I really like it because you end so clean when the trick is done. I try not to expose too much, but when you are finished with the trick, if they then thought they knew how you did it, then they may change their mind when they see how clean you end up.

It's a nice little color change!

That's the good part of the trick, and now to the not so good part of the trick.

The only "bad" I can find in this trick is that it's sometimes hard to find the right situation to perfom it, it's hard to explain what I mean.

That's just some fair thoughts about the trick, and actually, I really recommend it!

Hope you understood me, because this is not my ordinary language!

:) ;)

Dec 4, 2007
www.thrallmind.com
I bought the trick "Strike Change" from the 1-on-1 section, and now I'm gonna review it!

First of all I tell you that I'm gonna give you a fair review, and that's good, right?

This trick is teached by Aaron Fisher, and he's a great teacher. First of all he tells you that this trick isn't easy, this is not a trick for a beginner, and that's just so right. He alos tells you that this trick is not a trick that you want to do surrounded. It's not that hard to make it look right if just practice and listen to what he is saying.

So, the secret "method" of this is trick is just so good! I really like it because you end so clean when the trick is done. I try not to expose too much, but when you are finished with the trick, if they then thought they knew how you did it, then they may change their mind when they see how clean you end up.

It's a nice little color change!

That's the good part of the trick, and now to the not so good part of the trick.

The only "bad" I can find in this trick is that it's sometimes hard to find the right situation to perfom it, it's hard to explain what I mean.

That's just some fair thoughts about the trick, and actually, I really recommend it!

Hope you understood me, because this is not my ordinary language!

:) ;)

I'd have to agree!

The strike change is beautiful, and I love to practice it because it looks so smooth. And ending clean with it makes it so much more practical.

-ThrallMind

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
I'd have to agree!

The strike change is beautiful, and I love to practice it because it looks so smooth. And ending clean with it makes it so much more practical.

-ThrallMind

Yes, that's what I mean, it's fun to do because of the "clean" feel. :) But right now I'm not that good at the trick, I'm practicing it right now :)

Jack

Elite Member
Sep 5, 2007
Decatur, GA
He was making a jab at your grammar. I guess he didn't read the end of your post where you mention that english is not your first language.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
Nice quick little review of the change :) I think you did rather well, considering that this isn't your first language.

If you want to change your post to appease the Grammar Gods then the sentence should be "The trick is taught by Aaron Fisher." But it's not a big thing, we all know what you're talking about. :)

- Sean

P.S. I'll go add this to the review list now.

Yeah this actually ends pretty dirty - I define dirty by you can't go straight into another trick with this. You have to discreatly clean up first. I was a bit disappointed with this video, not just because I knew how it was done before I downloaded it. I usually love Aaron Fishers 1 on 1's, but this one didn't do it for me. No practical applications were explained and he only showed th e moves from one angle. I guess Mr. Fisher just set the bar pretty high with his other vids.

Mar 3, 2008
Sweden
Hmm, it depends on how you mean "clean", I actually think I would say it's clean in that way that you can't flash anything. Depends on how you look at it, I don't know if I would call it clean or not :p

Oct 28, 2007
i'm pretty sure they wouldn't put something in the 1on 1 section that needs a gimmick.
i'm saying it doesn't need a gimmick.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Heh,

Well, I picked it up. And I like it. I though it was a clever change. Something fun for me to work on.
It's along the same lines as the snap change in that you won't use it all the time, but it'll be good in the right situation. (I use the snap change all the time, and I will probably use this quite a bit too.)

justin

AaronFisher

theory11 artist
Aug 31, 2007
www.aaronfishermagic.com
Hey Guys,

I'm glad to see you like the strike change. I agree with the first reviewer - the purpose of this change is to end clean from the view of the audience. There are a million ways to clean up afterward, none of which affect your ability to start the next trick. Simply cock back your left thumb and spread the first cards over, taking care not to flash the card second from the top.

Ask a spectator to select a card and show it around - turn your back so you don't see the selection. Once your back is turned, simply spread the top card with your left thumb, and use your right hand to turn the reversed card over on top of the deck. There are many ways to clean up the card, but none this easy or disarming.

I've just posted to my blog some thoughts to help you practice the strike change, including some ideas to help you learn to palm cards. Please go take a look and drop me a comment. I'd love to hear what you think, and will try and answer all questions that appear as comments to the post. While you're at it, sign up to my mailing list to get first notice about all posts like this. The link is directly below!

Check in out!

Thanks for digging the Strike Change,
Aaron

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 8, 2008
Hey Guys,

I'm glad to see you like the strike change. I agree with the first reviewer - the purpose of this change is to end clean from the view of the audience. There are a million ways to clean up afterward, none of which affect your ability to start the next trick. Simply cock back your left thumb and spread the first cards over, taking care not to flash the card second from the top.

Ask a spectator to select a card and show it around - turn your back so you don't see the selection. Once your back is turned, simply spread the top card with your left thumb, and use your right hand to turn the reversed card over on top of the deck. There are many ways to clean up the card, but none this easy or disarming.

I've just posted to my blog some thoughts to help you practice the strike change, including some ideas to help you learn to palm cards. Please go take a look and drop me a comment. I'd love to hear what you think, and will try and answer all questions that appear as comments to the post. While you're at it, sign up to my mailing list to get first notice about all posts like this. The link is directly below!

Check in out!

Thanks for digging the Strike Change,
Aaron
Wow. Awesome effect plus epic cleanup FTW! Great job Aaron!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results