Ellusionist - Losing Touch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2007
If asking for clarification to your snide remarks is too much to ask for, then I REALLY don't expect anything from you.

How is it my fault that you were didn't Google Harry Kellar's name?

There are some really good tutorials out there on YouTube and the director, no matter how many times he exclaims his truthful intentions, are always slammed by other magicians in the community. I'm not surprised.

Since when have I been one to go with an opinion just because it's the majority?

Umm.... They're not out to get me. I'm not afraid of them. Where did you get that idea from?

You immediately assume the worst of the people watching Celebracadabra. You assume the worst of those who click on the link.

You're either afraid of your audience, or you just selfishly don't want to share your table. Which is it?

I don't think your okay with anyone teaching magic for free regardless of his intentions and how well the tutor does it

Try me.

The keyword is audience, NOT the entire T.V.-population (which, I think Brad said that 90 million people watch VH1)

Ever see Penn & Teller's show on Showtime? Ever seen their stage show?

Go watch those. If the stroke you have over the deliberate exposure doesn't finish you off, come back and talk to me when you've had a little persective.

The E forums have changed pretty drastically in the mid 2007, I think. You can almost never go to their forums without seeing like, at least 3 threads that are locked due to reasons such as, "Use the search feature," "uz teh serch feture." and "Why they hell are you bumping this old thread back up again?"

Considering you haven't been able to access those forums for a while now, you're not really in a position to talk.

But if they're just gonna resurrect old effects hidden somewhere in out-of-print books that we don't know about, then I'm not okay with that.

But of course, people will say that about anything they publish.

Absolutely not. You either have paid for a library card and it is your right or you are going to pay for checking out a book. So this is not going to be counted as exposure here.

That's a stretch. Technically, in order to access the internet you had to pay for the ISP and phoneline and the computer.

Also, if you own the library card, that doesn't mean you actually own the book. If you really want to get anal about it, that means you don't have the performing rights and if you perform what you learned from those books, you're still technically a thief.

Trust me, it's no less stupid when someone other than me says it.

Ellusionist made the stupidest mistake I've ever seen... Read the following and tell me what is wrong with it...

"Pull a playing card out of thin air"
Your hand is empty and then you slowly and visible pull a coin out of thin air... inches from someone's eyes.

You're harping on a typo?

That's it. My faith in magicians is completely dead now. I'm going to go drink the pain away.

Dec 14, 2007
Absolutely not. You either have paid for a library card and it is your right or you are going to pay for checking out a book. So this is not going to be counted as exposure here.

Public libraries are FREE. No cost for the card. No cost to check out the book.

Does that change anything?

B

Sep 1, 2007
I thought you had given up on magicians ages ago.

I foolishly retained hope. In a moment, Misters Johnny B and Jacky D are going to take care of that for me. But hey, a bitter, drunken Slovak. Who's surprised?

Sep 1, 2007
California
I think people take that way too literally.

What?

That you don't need to have all the "cool" new dvds from E, or that you can't live without the Black Tiger Decks.

What I am saying is all you need are a couple Tally's, a couple good books, and practice and you will be fine. You don't have to buy every new deck, or dvd just because E said its what all the stars use.

Everything is business, they couldn't care less about how many people hate them. As long as people are buying things than they are happy.

It's only getting worse now because of people like you bickering to other people words. What are you going to do? It's the internet grow up.

Sep 1, 2007
What?

That you don't need to have all the "cool" new dvds from E, or that you can't live without the Black Tiger Decks.

No, I think people just use it as an excuse to tell newbies not to buy anything from a certain place.

Also, they use it as an excuse to stagnate. When you reach a plateau, it requires a shot in the arm of motivation to keep going. Not everybody finds that, so they rest on their laurels.

Sep 1, 2007
California
No, I think people just use it as an excuse to tell newbies not to buy anything from a certain place.

Also, they use it as an excuse to stagnate. When you reach a plateau, it requires a shot in the arm of motivation to keep going. Not everybody finds that, so they rest on their laurels.

Yes, but that was not what I was referring to. I was saying that people should stop complaining and just learn that what's out their you don't really need. Not all of those things are necessary to be good.

Sep 1, 2007
Yes, but that was not what I was referring to. I was saying that people should stop complaining and just learn that what's out their you don't really need. Not all of those things are necessary to be good.

I never said they were, so I don't know why the goblin in your head commanded you to attack me the way you did.

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
at this site what type of tricks are they revealing if its like 2CM or biddle trick i'll be annoyed. Why can't you release it here we are all magicians and they are probarbly simple tricks

Oct 6, 2007
To Steepike,

In no way am I intending to offend you by saying this...but...

Don't you have better things to do then comment on EVERY SINGLE post you don't agree with?

Is that what you do all day?

To Steepike,

In no way am I intending to offend you by saying this...but...

I fail to see how he can take anything but offence to that remark mate.

Kinda' defeats the point of a forum if no one posts in threads they have strong feelings about. Personally...i really wish T-11 would take the same stance on pointless E bashing in its forums as E does against pointless T-11 bashing in its forums.

There isn't any as it's stamped out quick.

If everyone could just get on more then i'm pretty positive that we'd all..well, get on more. Pointless whining and attacking each other is better off left to face-to-face arguments outside pubs. At least then you can use your bloody fists.

Seriously guys...are there not more important things to be worrying about?
I wasn't gonna' post in this thread but every time I log back on it's grown bigger and bigger and more ridiculous.

He said, she said, they did this and that....pretty bloody pathetic don't ya'll think?

And to the guy that thinks Ellusionist couldn't care less about how many people hate them:

I don't think you know what it is you're saying...and hate is a very nasty word.

Peace out ma brothers.

Rabid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results