Battle Section losing viewers?

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
Whats up guys? Hey I think that the battle have lost A LOT of viewers, I think I'm not the only one that think this.. I saw a thread on the mainpage that says voting open for XX I just dont simply open it, I just do, if the name of the battle catch my eye, or I wanna see a performance from the guy that posted the thread.. So I think that theory11 should do something to get viewers again on the battle section.. I remember that the first results of the battles was like 50-60 votes, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit, but now the votes are 15-20..

So I suggest that theory11 do like once a month, or once a 15'days some artists match each other, with some really good tricks, or something to catch our eye again.. Or I dont know you have so much creativity, so work it out :)

Aris

Sep 16, 2007
Georgia
Maybe if Theory 11 gave something out at the end of each month, like 3 decks for having the best rating, would probably get more people participating in it. Maybe that is asking too much though.

Dec 13, 2007
North Hollywood
i think its also because of the battles, how many times do you want to see a frekin color chnage? get some creative ideas already. I think the reason they pu up the battle system is to push people to preform, but yet they still dont. There are TONS of Color change battles and maybe 2 battles to do with spectators.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
That's exactly the problem, the lack of creativity. The odd occasion when people try to be creative, more often than not someone else will drag it towards being boring again. No-one wants to see another badly performed Erdnase Change (only 1 I've seen has been decent, the rest shocking), or another Ego Change battle...

Jun 22, 2008
earth
I think the novelty of the battles is waring off. I've participated in one battle so far (another in progress) and my youtube page showed that there were over a hundred views of the video but there were only something like 30 or so votes total. My current battle shows that there have been only 16 views in the past three days of voting. it should be that if you go to the page to watch a battle you HAVE to vote to leave the page. that or T11 should make a 'battle off' everyone participates and T11 sets what the trick should be, then you have a last one standing sort of thing. or lets see some of the T11 artists battle each other, have it so that they can't do tricks in their own style, they have to imitate the other and do a live performance, that would be fun to see!

well that's my idea for invigorating the battle area.

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
I think the novelty of the battles is waring off. I've participated in one battle so far (another in progress) and my youtube page showed that there were over a hundred views of the video but there were only something like 30 or so votes total. My current battle shows that there have been only 16 views in the past three days of voting. it should be that if you go to the page to watch a battle you HAVE to vote to leave the page. that or T11 should make a 'battle off' everyone participates and T11 sets what the trick should be, then you have a last one standing sort of thing. or lets see some of the T11 artists battle each other, have it so that they can't do tricks in their own style, they have to imitate the other and do a live performance, that would be fun to see!

well, we can't force anyone to vote, but yes, I think this section is losing viewers, I like Aris.Sa Idea though, the artits battling would be nice, I think I saw the other day a Challenge made to Andei by someone from the forums,I dont know how did it ended.

But sadly there aren't viewers here, for example MY "open vote for pass battle" was on the top of the forums like for 3 days straight (and it wasn't because there were a lot of posters)maybe a tournament would be a good Idea.

Cheers!:D

Oct 28, 2007
yeah i don't really watch them anymore because the overall quality of these battles suck! no offense but c'mon guys you do the same damn thing over and over and more and more of these videos are not edited it is just them sitting in there messy room in front of a camera and all you can hear is the static in the background and the riffles of the cards one word BORING.

If you don't want the trick to be edited fine but edit the video some what, like put a cool intro make it interesting and have some music or something. put some effort into it!

Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela

I agree man, the only battle that I have been in, got 12 votes for me and 6 for the other guy, and the vimeo page, had 66 views of my vid, I wonder why dont they vote :(

I hope one of the theory11 crew tell us something

Sep 1, 2007
If you'll give me one moment to gloat, I'd like to point out that I totally called it. I'll give you a moment to absorb that.

Okay. The problem with a battle system is that it's only as good as the comptetitors, and unfortunately the majority of combatants here at Theory 11 are a veritable armada of mediocrity. I'd say maybe 10-15% of the people here actually perform regularly for real people.

What we're seeing here is the novelty wearing off. Most of the truly talented don't want to compete because they don't believe they have anything to prove, and even if they wanted to it's damn near impossible to find a worthy opponent.

Having battles between the site admins will do nothing. Sure, people will vote on those battles. Judging from the Saturday Night Contests, there's no shortage of sycophants looking to ingratiate themselves. But what practical end does it accomplish?

As for the point about the videos not being interesting, a lot of people here can't afford good video equipment, nor do they know anything about photography, cinematography, or editing. It's a rare individual who can take MS Paint, Windows Movie Maker, and a head set and give you Zero Punctuation.

Of course, it doesn't matter how tightly edited a video is if there's nothing entertaining going on. You could play Stevie Wonder in one of these videos and spice it up with some great special effects, but it will still be a video of some teenager doing a bad Ego change with his crotch as a backdrop.

The only way the system will be worth anything is if competent people start putting forth more effort and raising the bar. The rabble will still be content to wallow in mediocrity, but you're never going to change that. Eventually, most of them will just get bored and stop.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results