Going to a School Dance

Sep 30, 2008
Pittsburgh
Well..... I guess I could share this story with you guys :)

I was looking through my drawer of throwing cards when I realized that I had two blank fan back cards. So I wondered how I could use these in a routine. I had never used blank cards before. I did a 2 card monte routine and instead of having them change, I had the cards 'disappear'. It worked pretty good.

So later everyone started talking about who they were going to ask to Snowball (our winter dance) and I wanted to make up some clever way of asking someone. It didn't take me long because I have heard of this idea before. I asked this girl if she could help me out with a gambling demonstration and I made sure I had a good amount of people around me. I proceeded to do my 2 card monte routine. At the end, instead of 2 blank cards appearing, it was card 1: SNOWBALL? and card 2 : ;). The reactions around pretty much obligated her to say yes. But she loved it and I'm sure she would've said yes anyway. :cool:

So that's my story. I hope that answers some questions for those people who always as "can iz getz girlz wif magix?"

Just remember though, you have to have a good charming personality or else a girl might not like it that much and can seem like you're trying too hard to get her to like you.

hope that didn't bore you too much

-Kevin

Sep 15, 2008
No.
Not Really

I agree with him. He shouldn't have to reference every version of the "easy money"-multiple bill change plot.

Anyway.

I like the idea of the Fluffer deck suggested earlier.

Are you wanting to ask her just to the dance or to be your girlfriend?

If it's the latter, I really like the idea of using a deck of blank faced cards with names of boys on them (not even from your school necessarily.) and then one card with her name on it. Do a classic force or even just let her pick any card and have the one with her name on it on top. Double lift to show she picked her name. Then deliver the line "You're the only girl for me." See how she reacts....then say "oh no. I mean literally." then show all the guys names. It's very clever.

I don't really like the idea of "gazing into her eyes" during a mentalism trick. I know I would bust out if some guy tried doing that to me, a teenage girl.

Good luck with it man and let me (us) know how it turns out.

- Frank

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results