Superb Quality / Decent Quality - Editing

Oct 1, 2008
earth
these days, it seems that people are very critical about the quality and editing of a video. Personally, I believe that as long as the quality is decent enough to clearly understand what is going on. And as far as editing goes, why does it matter as long as its not crap?

I would like to see people's opinions on this.

Mar 7, 2009
South Carolina
these days, it seems that people are very critical about the quality and editing of a video. Personally, I believe that as long as the quality is decent enough to clearly understand what is going on. And as far as editing goes, why does it matter as long as its not crap?

I would like to see people's opinions on this.

You may be right in some since...but were talking about magic here. Magic performed poorly regardless of what level can never be detected in a poor quality video. Why would this matter? There was a product releaced Called "Wipe the slate Clean". The production of the product was poor on many levels but the most crucial was the video quality that seriously lacked. Because of the poor video quality the effect seemed to work for those who watched the demo. But once the product was purchased and they experienced hands on experience they soon realize that the poor video quality was hiding the flaws in the handleing....Magic Magizne Wrote an article on the matter. So in some sinces poor quality dosnt matter. But in a case from one magician to another, when your trying to watch an effect and understand it, Video quality is everything.

Mar 7, 2009
South Carolina
You may be right in some since...but were talking about magic here. Magic performed poorly regardless of what level can never be detected in a poor quality video. Why would this matter? There was a product releaced Called "Wipe the slate Clean". The production of the product was poor on many levels but the most crucial was the video quality that seriously lacked. Because of the poor video quality the effect seemed to work for those who watched the demo. But once the product was purchased and they experienced hands on experience they soon realize that the poor video quality was hiding the flaws in the handleing....Magic Magizne Wrote an article on the matter. So in some sinces poor quality dosnt matter. But in a case from one magician to another, when your trying to watch an effect and understand it, Video quality is everything.

I forgot to touch on the editing subject....

As far as editing goes....its business. You have to appeal to the current trend to get better sales. Its the way the business world operates...

Sep 15, 2007
www.myspace.com
This is more of a life lesson.

If you want to give a crap "anything" you are a crappy person. if you want to give a decent effort you are just a decent person. Anything in life that you do, you must do to the best of your ability because your work that you put into things and the outcome of it is what defines you as a person. you must go above and beyond your limits, anything less just isn't worth your time. As the saying goes "If you aren't going to do it right the first time don't do it at all." You are only setting yourself up for failure and going into a downward spiral of failure. First it is satisfactory, but then you get lazier and lazier until you as a person are just worthless. Take your time and do a excellent job.

Just my two cents,

- Zac

Aug 31, 2007
Canada
Hmm, I think it is kind of like having a beautifully prepared Fillet Mignon served on a dirty plate.

Or perhaps not as off putting, just served with a side of poorly prepared fries.

If you are going to hold a high standard for you magic, should you not also hold the same high standard for how you present it? When showing it via a video, and including editing, that is how you are presenting it. Not just how you perform it.

Sep 22, 2007
I hate when I see a vidoe and the magician performing for the camera and there is like an lil baby elephant table and the magician is in socks and boxers. It makes me feel like there did not take the time to create a "presence". How hard is it to get a cloth to cover the table and wear some pants/shorts for the 30 seconds you are doing the video..anyways I Digress. As far as quality goes I agree with speedypetey64 that as long as it is clear enough to understand and as long as there is a begining title I think is all good as far the video itself goes.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results