Close Up Card Montage

Nov 18, 2008
CA
It wasn't bad.

Work on your fan close and the palm in the coin on deck change. Card vanish at the end was nice.

This is an improvement at least.

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
An improvement, definitely, but can still use a lot of work. Practice yours fans some more. Also, when doing the vanish, try it seated. The angles will be much better. (if you're using the method I'm thinking of)

M

Mystifier1

An improvement, definitely, but can still use a lot of work. Practice yours fans some more. Also, when doing the vanish, try it seated. The angles will be much better. (if you're using the method I'm thinking of)

What do you mean try it seated?

May 31, 2008
Ok, so I just watched it. Seemed pretty good. I was totally stumped by the vanish. I'm still looking forward to seeing you perform live though.

Overall I enjoyed this video. It wasn't too long and it was pretty well performed. I do have some notes for you.

1) More character. Continue to focus on developing your character and bring that out in these videos. That's what will separate you from the thousands of other magic montages out there in cyberspace.

2) Use a silver coin against a black tiger deck for better contrast. Reference: 0:19

3) When performing the coin over card change as seen at 0:19 use a solid white sheet or pad under the deck. The darkest colour you should use is a light gray. The pattern of the sheet in the video is distracting to what you are doing. The focus should be on the cards, a better choice for setting will help ease that along.

4) Perform on a close up pad or table. Don't use your carpeted floor. It looks amateur. Also consider using a backdrop.

5) Tighten up your fans. There is no excuse for sloppy handling when video editing, and retakes are available options. Reference: 0:05

6) This is more of a "D" comment, (D being something that isn't critical to change, but more of a personal gripe) so feel free to ignore this but, Unless there is a reason to wear a rubber band around your wrist, remove it for video sake. It's not classy.

Good Job! I think you're getting somewhere with this.

M

Mystifier1

Overall I enjoyed this video. It wasn't too long and it was pretty well performed. I do have some notes for you.

1) More character. Continue to focus on developing your character and bring that out in these videos. That's what will separate you from the thousands of other magic montages out there in cyberspace.

2) Use a silver coin against a black tiger deck for better contrast. Reference: 0:19

3) When performing the coin over card change as seen at 0:19 use a solid white sheet or pad under the deck. The darkest colour you should use is a light gray. The pattern of the sheet in the video is distracting to what you are doing. The focus should be on the cards, a better choice for setting will help ease that along.

4) Perform on a close up pad or table. Don't use your carpeted floor. It looks amateur. Also consider using a backdrop.

5) Tighten up your fans. There is no excuse for sloppy handling when video editing, and retakes are available options. Reference: 0:05

6) This is more of a "D" comment, (D being something that isn't critical to change, but more of a personal gripe) so feel free to ignore this but, Unless there is a reason to wear a rubber band around your wrist, remove it for video sake. It's not classy.

Good Job! I think you're getting somewhere with this.

Thanks and once again great advice.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results