Graduation

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
A word of warning to you guys:

You may be used to getting straight A's in middle school. It's pretty easy isn't it? Just do all your work and try hard on the test. Is it the same in high school? NO

High school requires a lot more work that middle school did. I have been struggling all year to try to get my Social Studies grade from an 85 to a 90. It's not easy lemme tell ya.

I'm just saying there's no time to slack off in high school.

However, high school is a lot more fun that middle school. Lots of drama gets heated up. Hook ups, break ups, all that jazz. It's pretty interesting :p

Then I recommend not majoring in english.

Nov 15, 2007
Ada Oklahoma
I heard that I got a Presidential Award, from the President.

I got the Presidential Award and the Masonic. The Presidential is a nation wide award given for having good grades. The Masonic is an even more prestigous (?) award, which can go on your resume, and if you get it when you graduate highschool, they give you so much money as well.

-SM

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
I got the Presidential Award and the Masonic. The Presidential is a nation wide award given for having good grades. The Masonic is an even more prestigous (?) award, which can go on your resume, and if you get it when you graduate highschool, they give you so much money as well.

-SM

A couple days ago I got a gold star for doing a good job.
I stuck it to my backpack, how cool and awesome is that!?

stock ur self up w/ cards and throw them in the air at the ceremony like I did in my high school gratuation. It's funny, I have 5 security looking for me but they can't find me. It was awesome.

Oct 11, 2008
I didn't realize that there were so many younger members on this forum.

On a sidenote...

Highschool is not much more/less difficult than middle school. I took several ap/honor classes and most of it was not that challanging, and no, I'm not trying to sound smart. If you did well in middle school, you'll do well in high school. Just do your work and try on tests/projects, there is no reason you won't do well.

It all will depend on your teachers, I know some of the classes I did the worst in was not difficult material, but the teachers made it hard.

Nov 10, 2007
All Junior High really is practice for High School. High School has a bigger campus and more challenging work. Those are what I've heard are the only differences.
This is not about magic but about High School.
For all the middle schoolers going into high school, do not be afraid of anything, you will have some of the best times. I am not going to lie the first 3 weeks for me were akward because I did not know if I should meet people or stay a loner but trust me get out there meet people and you will have a great time. Don't be afraid of school work it is no different from middle school, yes it might be a little more challenging but if you do your homework and stay on top of things you should do fine.
Good Luck and great job on graduating!
- Donald

Every time I see one of these topics, I wonder what I am doing here.

Highschool is a joke. Grades are a reflection of effort, not intelligence. And as much as we all care about your national honors and scholarships, this really is not the place to talk about them.

May 31, 2008
Every time I see one of these topics, I wonder what I am doing here.

Highschool is a joke. Grades are a reflection of effort, not intelligence. And as much as we all care about your national honors and scholarships, this really is not the place to talk about them.

No, this is not the place to talk about this, but grades are very important.

Not as important as you think they are. You can get into an excellent school with a 2.5 or less, if you know how to write and if you have decent standardized test scores.

Which isn't to say you shouldn't get good grades. Just don't break your back over them, provided you can write a little better than the average high school student. Which isn't tough, believe me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results