Sankey's Untorn

May 1, 2009
UK
I really like the sound of Jay Sankey's new effect 'Untorn', its arriving at the end of the month 31 July. It has two bonus effects 'Retorn' & 'Seal + Reveal', I've been looking for an effect something like this. I was thinking of getting David Forrest's 'Seal the Deal' until i seen this, iam going to hold of until the end of the month. Or do you know of any effects like this thanks, this is the info on Sankey's 'Untorn' http://www.sankeymagic.com/untorn.a...tnav&utm_campaign=untorn_leftnavpreview062409

Jun 29, 2009
This effect looks extremely interesting. I like the idea of how this can strengthen the first impression people have by you saying "Since i am a magician, i can magically restore it with my fingertips." That really sets the tone, and almost works itself.

I will definitely look into this.

Mar 28, 2009
HAmburg Germany
I dont want be the ass here but I dont really like any of Jay Sankey's effects. They are not very clever and easy to figure out. I'm not saying that Untorn will not be good but I'm not getting my hopes up. But maby he changed or got a hold of a good idea and finaly made a good effect.

I dont want be the ass here but I dont really like any of Jay Sankey's effects. They are not very clever and easy to figure out. I'm not saying that Untorn will not be good but I'm not getting my hopes up. But maby he changed or got a hold of a good idea and finaly made a good effect.

But that is exactly what you are. Claiming that Sankeys effects aren´t clever is just being complete idiot. Everything he does is not gold but think about effects like paper clipped or in flames. They are just wonderfull and totaly devistating to an audience. I think that Sankey has gone a bit too commercial but he has clear understanding of what makes magic work for lay people.

Jul 13, 2009
You guys seem to miss some things. I just spent a god long time looking to theory about architecture and you know what one lecturer made a very great point which was this.

Artists and Architects alike tend to share the same problems, that problem is we are selfish. When I say selfish I mean artists or architects make incredible pieces of works that to someone in the same field would look like a stroke of genius. The problem though is the design practical for the consumer? You see many artists and architects are selfish because they base there work on trying to impress others in the same field, and neglecting the need of the client.

Now it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the point and relevance of my post but I will spare you and explain. Jay thinks about the effect to the audience, sure it may be the same principle but that shouldn't matter to you because your job as an artist of performance is to entertain the clientele. Are we on the same trolley here, let me hear an And how?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results