Ideas?

I saw a video here awhile back and it was of a guy drawing a picture of Jerry's Nuggets on a piece of paper, then he pulled a deck of Jerry's out of the picture and the picture vanished on the paper! That is one of the best magic tricks I've ever seen.:D Just my two cents.

Jun 1, 2009
I saw a video here awhile back and it was of a guy drawing a picture of Jerry's Nuggets on a piece of paper, then he pulled a deck of Jerry's out of the picture and the picture vanished on the paper! That is one of the best magic tricks I've ever seen.:D Just my two cents.

I saw something like this, but it was a bowling ball drawn on an easl then it fell out of the easl and the drawing was gone. And I saw it live instead of a video. It amazed me.

I saw something like this, but it was a bowling ball drawn on an easl then it fell out of the easl and the drawing was gone. And I saw it live instead of a video. It amazed me.

Hey! i saw that effect live also it was done by some one with the name bishop? idk. But i like visual simple card tricks... like the simple tricks we all know how to do with a pack of cards. For example i loved the ACR when i use to see it awesome stuff.

Jun 1, 2009
Hey! i saw that effect live also it was done by some one with the name bishop? idk. .

I dont think so, i forget the guys name, it was about 3 years ago, but he had a big lisp and told a story of how magic helped him bridge the gap with his speech impediment.

the video is actually up here abd i dont remember most of the trick the guy has the ppl pick any card out remember it and put it and where in the deck and shuffle it. the he pulls out a switch blade and drops the deck with nothing in his hands when he stabs the wall u get the selected card stabed along into the wall with the knife.

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Well this thread is going really off course.

I posted this as a suggestions thread directing me to the premise of a new card trick. This is not a, "Hey, I saw this cool effect, and it looked like..." thread.

Please post accordingly.

Steerpike: haha.

Ian

Sep 1, 2007
This is not a, "Hey, I saw this cool effect, and it looked like..." thread.

Are you all that surprised?

And I wasn't joking. I'm just so damn tired of card tricks. It's all anyone ever does anymore. I wouldn't mind so much if they were interesting, but 99.99% of them aren't. They're just derivatives of whatever Dan and Dave put out last month or whatever.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I cant really answer your question because there are tons of more interesting things id rather see that have nothing to do with cards.
Hundreds of transpo's,color changes,sandwiches..ugh.Gets so insipid.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I cant really answer your question because there are tons of more interesting things id rather see that have nothing to do with cards.
Hundreds of transpo's,color changes,sandwiches..ugh.Gets so insipid.

Then why are you posting in a thread based on card magic?

There are a few card esqe effects that I find amazing. Memory feats with cards, Tarot readings with cards. Tho if you want to find something even more impossible, I'd suggest you look for stuff by Paul Brook. He has a few books that are pretty damn good. The Alchemical Tools is pretty much recommended by most of the top guys and most of the "card effects" aren't really card effects. Well they are, only in less of a "Hi, I am a magician" kind of way and more a Mentalist way.

May 25, 2009
I've always enjoyed watching Sam The Bellhop even though I've seen it loads of times and I know where's the story going.

To me, a really good card trick is not so much the impossibility or the amount of sleights that are being used to achieve the effect but more of the patter (I know, this has been said countless times) and story behind the effect. When you've attained that level of perfection, the audience is not watching a performance, they're being involved in an experience.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results