This is Magic - Aim High

you now, this may sound obserd but I think I may take a page from this notebook, and use google earth to do a modified Q&A sometime in the near future.

All I need is a stagehand with a laptop, a One way radio, and a tiny ear bud. Hell I could probably get away with a normal ear bud. With my long hair worn down I could have an elephant attached to my ear and you'd never see it.

This is a show stopper if the method can be routined and proven to be at the very least mostly reliable.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Praetoritevong, do you think that you will ever tell her how you did it if she asks you to? Let's say you get married with her. Will you tell her how you did it?

I don't know, to be honest. I don't think she'll ask, though. She can appreciate the beauty of the mystery. With a moment like this, especially on the receiving end, the beauty is in the unknown. It's like when, after a war, you have a statue of a soldier - an unknown soldier who died in the war (I don't know if you have one of these, Australia does) - the fact that he is the everyman, that we'll never know who he was, is what makes that special. If he was identified, he wouldn't be as meaningful as he is unknown. And I think the same is to be said of such an experience.

prae, how much are these and where can i get them.
hahahahaha

Max Maven had a few made. They sit in his closet :p

good threads deserve to be on top.

Thanks man :)

you now, this may sound obserd but I think I may take a page from this notebook, and use google earth to do a modified Q&A sometime in the near future.

All I need is a stagehand with a laptop, a One way radio, and a tiny ear bud. Hell I could probably get away with a normal ear bud. With my long hair worn down I could have an elephant attached to my ear and you'd never see it.

This is a show stopper if the method can be routined and proven to be at the very least mostly reliable.

Beautiful story Man

but on a side note;

I am down for a little pre-show and Google Earth.

Wow, that's interesting... That sounds awesome, though..

Haha, D ICER made a nice method :).

Anyways, its nice to see that something is backing us up.
I can relate on this subject, the amount of dejavu´s and freaky things ive seen in my dreams are astonishing.

Mikk

PS: Good topics do deserve to be on top!

BMC

Oct 25, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
I can relate on this subject, the amount of dejavu´s and freaky things ive seen in my dreams are astonishing.

Mikk

This thing with the deja-vu has happened to me a few times. It happened when I was going with the car or sometimes just sitting on a bench or somewhere. Everything was normal until I turned my head or saw something that I knew I had seen before at the same moment and at the same place. I don't know how to explain :( Anyway, I don't know about that deja-vu until it happens. When it happens I instantaneously remember that I did/saw the thing that I'm doing/seeing.

I hope it made sense:rolleyes:

Andrei

May 18, 2008
That makes me remember when I predicted a girls mothers name.

It was odd. I was just performing for some people, and someone said,

"This dudes psychic!"

and the chick said...

"He is not! Let's see... WHAT is my moms name?"

and I completely guessed, revealing it one letter at a time. I was right.

Weird things like that happen though, I guess. Gets you a reputation, you know?

Great read, btw.

May 3, 2008
That seems really cool. That was a great post. It's a pity that all you saw was the outside of her house though and not more personal stuff like pictures of old pets. That would be even spookier.

Dec 16, 2008
Austin, TX
To me, this sounds like a great example of Carl Jung's collective uncouncious theory. Little things like this happen all the time to me. Most recently, I heard a song while an online video game. Today, just 20 minutes ago, my good friend who I only talk to a bit messaged me with a line from that song. I had not talked to him or anyone about it, but it happened anyway.
There's a bunch of little things that seems to happen to me a lot; I notice them, but don't really think to much about them... maybe I should, but I don't expect to understand so why bother?

Anyway, I reallly, really enjoyed this truly amazing story, thank you for posting it! There's a lot of things that that means to me, but most of them have already been posted, so I'll not make you read them again :p

Anyway, this is amazing. Truly inspiring.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Mikk, BMC - Yeah, absolutely. Deja vu is the shiz.

popchris3 - When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When life gives you a f****** miracle, take a moment to thank the stars, smile, and try not to explode with happiness xD

penguincdude - Err. I don't really know what to say to that.

OpticalDelusionist - Thanks again for bringing up Jung. I bought an anthology of his written works on Dreams just two days ago, can't wait to read it. Glad you enjoyed it!

Chicken - thanks mate :)

Glad you guys enjoyed this stuff. :) Peace

Also where can you find a pocket Banacheck? I want one.

You need to go to one of his lectures to find one, they run about 2000$ US.

But really, if she ever asks you how you did it, just say "I have a Banacheck in my pocket"...No..really...It'll work!

But on a serious note, that really is amazing man, I've been meaning to read this thread for a while, but just now got around to it. And boy am I glad I did. I think too many magicians nowadays don't see the power that we can create with magic, we can affect emotions with the tools we have, and we rarely see emotions effected with modern tricks.

And I'm not sure that I would even want to recreate this amazing happening, as for one, some may find it very creepy and stalkerish. Also, recreating it would give you the opportunity to use it as much as you wish, and therefore, would lose the magic to you. You would cease to feel the magic yourself, and thus it would seem more like a feat of wonder, instead of a miracle.

Great post man, we need more like these in here.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
You need to go to one of his lectures to find one, they run about 2000$ US.

But really, if she ever asks you how you did it, just say "I have a Banacheck in my pocket"...No..really...It'll work!

But on a serious note, that really is amazing man, I've been meaning to read this thread for a while, but just now got around to it. And boy am I glad I did. I think too many magicians nowadays don't see the power that we can create with magic, we can affect emotions with the tools we have, and we rarely see emotions effected with modern tricks.

And I'm not sure that I would even want to recreate this amazing happening, as for one, some may find it very creepy and stalkerish. Also, recreating it would give you the opportunity to use it as much as you wish, and therefore, would lose the magic to you. You would cease to feel the magic yourself, and thus it would seem more like a feat of wonder, instead of a miracle.

Great post man, we need more like these in here.

demon, thanks for that response! You actually made a really nice point. That moment was extraordinarily special because it happened spontaneously between the two of us, someone I care for, without any method at all.

Giving it a method takes away the unique occurrence, and you're absolutely right, I think that for me personally at least, it would become just another magic trick, and ruin the importance of this one.

Thanks a lot for that, I really appreciate it, got me thinking!

Mar 22, 2009
I think the only thing strong enough to follow that would be Two Card Monte.

Done over the phone.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results