5 minutes from the Anaconda DVD.

Sep 16, 2008
Compared to the system, trilogy, dangerous etc the Anaconda is nothing, or its just what I think. Personally I was greatly disappointed.

Jun 5, 2009
Seattle, WA
Without commenting on his skill or influence on cardistry, this speech makes him seem like a pretentious douche. Anybody who would go on about themselves and their christ-like resurrection of such a fundamental move for this length of time has serious issues. Whatever motivational or inspirational value this video has is seriously outweighed by the egotism.

What makes me sad is that this is the state of the "art" - essentially youtube video crap with a budget. This lends great weight to the argument of whether flourishing is merely showing off, or if it can be something more. Whether it can be or not, it certainly isn't much more right now.

Yeah, you can dribble high, thanks for making the world a better place. Let your skills speak for themselves.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Flourishing doesn't make the world a better place. It makes you feel like a better person, though.

And heck, If I can do the highest dribble among card men, I'll feel pretty good about myself ;)

G

May 9, 2008
Without commenting on his skill or influence on cardistry, this speech makes him seem like a pretentious douche. Anybody who would go on about themselves and their christ-like resurrection of such a fundamental move for this length of time has serious issues. Whatever motivational or inspirational value this video has is seriously outweighed by the egotism.

What makes me sad is that this is the state of the "art" - essentially youtube video crap with a budget. This lends great weight to the argument of whether flourishing is merely showing off, or if it can be something more. Whether it can be or not, it certainly isn't much more right now.

Yeah, you can dribble high, thanks for making the world a better place. Let your skills speak for themselves.

Way to take someone too seriously!! You rock! For a DVD called Anaconda you should expect a story behind the move. He made it much more exciting then I imagine you would have.

Jun 5, 2009
Seattle, WA
Way to take someone too seriously!! You rock! For a DVD called Anaconda you should expect a story behind the move. He made it much more exciting then I imagine you would have.

Expect a story? Since when has this been necessary or desirable? This isn't some tip on finesse or technique, this self-aggrandizing. "It looks like a snake" Yeah, no kidding, thanks for the story.

Is there a some bonus footage on the trilogy that I am unaware of? I'd like to see Dan or Dave go on about how they reinvented the Erdnase Shift or redefined routining with J5, but they don't because they aren't jackasses. They let their skill speak for itself. Spending as much time on a DVD glorifying yourself and exploring your "psychology" of being awesome as you do instructing is youtube caliber conduct regardless of who does it or how much they spend on production.

Sorry, it's probably better if I speak XCMish
ZOMFG ANAKONDAZ ROOLZ! BONE 4EVA!
There, that should be better.

Sep 1, 2007
Expect a story? Since when has this been necessary or desirable? This isn't some tip on finesse or technique, this self-aggrandizing. "It looks like a snake" Yeah, no kidding, thanks for the story.

Is there a some bonus footage on the trilogy that I am unaware of? I'd like to see Dan or Dave go on about how they reinvented the Erdnase Shift or redefined routining with J5, but they don't because they aren't jackasses. They let their skill speak for itself. Spending as much time on a DVD glorifying yourself and exploring your "psychology" of being awesome as you do instructing is youtube caliber conduct regardless of who does it or how much they spend on production.

Broken down: You don't need to come in here just to be a douche. It was interesting to the majority I suspect. It had humor at least. And it's not about Dan and Dave is it? Everyone has their own style, I was more than greatly disappointed with the DVD but it's no reason to hate Bone for it. Seemed more like the Virts did everything wrong, Bone did the moves, he did his art, showed you his art, and YOU decided to buy it. SO complain to people who care, because I can guarantee, no one here gives a rats ass about your complaining bull****.

May 9, 2008

It's ok you'll never understand and that's fine. You're a strictly Nuts and Bolts kind of guy, I get it. Some people like a bit of story telling. Sometimes things aren't always neccessary, most of what we do in life is trite and meaningless, but these trite and meaningless things often tend to be the glue that binds everything together. We do things on a dailly basis that are neither neccessary or desirable, like talk to our neighboors, hold doors open for people, give to charity, say hello to a stranger walking by, waive to the person in the car who let you in while you were merging, help someone pick up their books, give a speech at dinner, throw a birthday party. These trite and meaningless, and unneccessary things make up life.

If you think someone is a jackass strictly because they have a personality, then you're the Jackass. They're not glorifying themselves, they are saying you can accomplish anything if you put your mind to it. You don't seem to understand what it means to have a winning attitude. Also, NO one was FORCING you to be a part of wld2009.

What's wrong with Bonus footage?! More content is better than less content. Besides, when did Dan and Dave become the standard for teaching and flourishing and personality? Yes, they have great stuff, but everyone has their own style.

If Dave and Dan came out with a DVD called 'Erdnase Shift: Reinvented, then you're damn right I'd expect a story behind it...and why are you bringing Dan and Dave into this?? They have a completely different style, they do let their skill speak for themselves, but are often boring to watch (no offense D&D) because they don't put a lot of personality into things...I realize this is their teaching style, but like you said, NO BONUS FOOTAGE. I would have loved some bonus footage, even if it is unneccessary. I was thrilled when they put out the David Jade effects because they started showing their personality and I loved it. I would love for them to let us know their inspiration for some of their flourishes and tricks.

Bone told us a little about his inspiration and creative process for the Anaconda, while putting a little humor into it. I knew very little about Bone before this. What's wrong with that? It's an epic move that I don't believe anyone else has accomplished before Bone. It's nice to know a little about how it came about. It doesn't mean he's glorifying himself. As far as Dan & Dave go, I know nothing about their inspiration for their flourishes or tricks.

Again please don't bring D&D into this, they are great artists, with a completely different personality. They have even endorsed the Virts.

If you think $72,000 is too much for a DVD, you need to read The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz, Ph.D.

EDIT: Thank you 3AQ7. I understand you were disappointed with the DVD, but thank you for at least being courteous about it.

Theres psychology behind a card spring? Do tell.

#1. Not to be an ass, but if you're going to post a seamingly mocking response like that in a thread, then please at least know what the content is that is being discussed. It's a dribble, not a spring. There is a difference. And yes, there's psychology beind everything we do, including springs and dribbles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
#1. Not to be an ass, but if you're going to post a seamingly mocking response like that in a thread, then please at least know what the content is that is being discussed. It's a dribble, not a spring. There is a difference. And yes, there's psychology beind everything we do, including springs and dribbles.

Still didnt much answer my question,whats the 'psychology' behind it?
If its true psychology that is.

May 9, 2008
Dictionary.com defines Psychology as:

1. the science of the mind or of mental states and processes.
2. the science of human and animal behavior.
3. the sum or characteristics of the mental states and processes of a person or class of persons, or of the mental states and processes involved in a field of activity: the psychology of a soldier; the psychology of politics.
4. mental ploys or strategy: He used psychology on his parents to get a larger allowance

I'm sure you speak English. There is psychology for everything. I'm sure we don't need to explain how a card dribble has psychology. If you want to know what the pyschology is behind the Anaconda, purchase the DVD.

Sep 1, 2007
I went back and checked out the psychology part again and it's the same video in this post but there's 3-4 minutes added on to it.

Sep 1, 2007
It's ok you'll never understand and that's fine. You're a strictly Nuts and Bolts kind of guy, I get it. Some people like a bit of story telling. Sometimes things aren't always neccessary, most of what we do in life is trite and meaningless, but these trite and meaningless things often tend to be the glue that binds everything together. We do things on a dailly basis that are neither neccessary or desirable, like talk to our neighboors, hold doors open for people, give to charity, say hello to a stranger walking by, waive to the person in the car who let you in while you were merging, help someone pick up their books, give a speech at dinner, throw a birthday party. These trite and meaningless, and unneccessary things make up life.

If you think someone is a jackass strictly because they have a personality, then you're the Jackass. They're not glorifying themselves, they are saying you can accomplish anything if you put your mind to it. You don't seem to understand what it means to have a winning attitude. Also, NO one was FORCING you to be a part of wld2009.

What's wrong with Bonus footage?! More content is better than less content. Besides, when did Dan and Dave become the standard for teaching and flourishing and personality? Yes, they have great stuff, but everyone has their own style.

If Dave and Dan came out with a DVD called 'Erdnase Shift: Reinvented, then you're damn right I'd expect a story behind it...and why are you bringing Dan and Dave into this?? They have a completely different style, they do let their skill speak for themselves, but are often boring to watch (no offense D&D) because they don't put a lot of personality into things...I realize this is their teaching style, but like you said, NO BONUS FOOTAGE. I would have loved some bonus footage, even if it is unneccessary. I was thrilled when they put out the David Jade effects because they started showing their personality and I loved it. I would love for them to let us know their inspiration for some of their flourishes and tricks.

Bone told us a little about his inspiration and creative process for the Anaconda, while putting a little humor into it. I knew very little about Bone before this. What's wrong with that? It's an epic move that I don't believe anyone else has accomplished before Bone. It's nice to know a little about how it came about. It doesn't mean he's glorifying himself. As far as Dan & Dave go, I know nothing about their inspiration for their flourishes or tricks.

Again please don't bring D&D into this, they are great artists, with a completely different personality. They have even endorsed the Virts.

If you think $72,000 is too much for a DVD, you need to read The Magic of Thinking Big by David J. Schwartz, Ph.D.

EDIT: Thank you 3AQ7. I understand you were disappointed with the DVD, but thank you for at least being courteous about it.

Agreed.

@ dp206: And go watch the Trilogy again dp206, they don't go on for 10 minutes but they do explain where things come from at times, but what the hell is wrong with it? I'm so confused... it's just another bonus, and I still don't see where you're thinking he's a self-absorbed douche or whatever you said. Go buy a DVD, i can't think right this moment but almost all the 1 on 1's have a little tid bit about the move, how it was inspired, or/and how it came to be and developed. Now that I think of it, almost every damn one has SOMETHING, ranging from 1 minute to 5 minutes. I'm not hating on YOU, just how ignorant you are towards someone who shared these moves, and the epic Anaconda with you, something those "few" people could have kept till their grave as far as they're concerned.

I think we should stick to the original video instead of wasting our time fighting over stupid stuff such as psychology and how much dp206 thinks Bone is a docuhe because we know he's wrong.

Bone has a great mind. He knows what he is talking about and thinks out of the box. His speech about taking an old move and recreating it inspires me to take an old trick or flourish and make it in to something INCREDIBLE (like the Anaconda)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results