Saturday Night Contest - Collective Brainstorm : Round Two

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Wow! Was a privilege judging these submissions tonight. Each submission had creative merit in its own way, and I was crazy impressed with some outside the box thinking. We had a lot of submissions tonight, and these were very difficult to judge. Therefore, submissions were reviewed based on overall impact, dominant use of the recommended objects, and creativity.

Before we announce tonight's winner, I wanted to point out a few honorable mentions and what about each of them that stood out to us. Firstly, jtmorris - your entry showed attention to presentation, which is particularly admirable under the time crunch of tonight's challenge. Secondly - VagueTheory. Your entry showed a modern spin on a classic plot. Just like musicians often sample music from decades prior, juxtaposing the old with the new in magic is a surefire way to achieve a creative result. FrankCBright - I thought that the presentation of your submission could use a bit of smoothing out (understandably so under the time crunch), but the application of a sort of Tony Miller technique with the objects required was neat. Although it was submitted after the deadline, ZachMonky's submission showed great technical skill, smooth execution of advanced moves, and logic.

And now for our finalists... our first runner up showed creativity, attention to presentation, a unique plot, and just a smooth operation: Ben Long. Check out his entry here - very impressive, and fun to watch. And our winner tonight, drumroll please... sciffydog. His submission was well presented, well thought-out, and logical. Tonight's prize goes to sciffydog for his submission here.

Overall, I would encourage everyone to review eachother's submissions and notice the little things about each that make them all unique. Tonight's challenge resulted in a LOT of great ideas. We will definitely do another round of this soon, but until then - this is a great exercise to do whenever you have a few hours to spare and some creative energy to burn off. You may surprise yourself with what can result.

Until next time, congrats to our winner and thanks to everyone for participating this evening.

Oct 23, 2009
Illinios
Wow sciffydof!! Nice performance you definately deserved the win and loved the idea. Love the creativity...... Once again awesome trick! Cheers!!

-Existance

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results