No Coin Trick

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Ok. Crazy idea, spur of the moment. Tell me whatever you first think of, see if you can create something interesting.

I want you to create a coin trick/routine/sequence. But it can't use any coins. By which I mean, no real coins, nothing resembling a coin, nothing in place of a coin... No chocolate coins, etc.

A coin trick without coins - what can you think of?

Jul 8, 2008
Tintagel
I used to do a small routine a couple of years back with lipsticks/chap sticks I came up with some interesting vanishes, it isn't that original but it was fun experimenting with something else.

Oh and I have played with chocolate wrappers, SD cards and tea light candles just another thing to grab for impromptu fun!

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I guessed you missed the joke... meh oh well

Yep, sorry, no idea what you're on about.

But it can't use any coins. By which I mean, no real coins, nothing resembling a coin, nothing in place of a coin... No chocolate coins, etc.

Nothing resembling a coin or in substitute of a coin... Use a coin in a unique way!

Ok, let me contribute something then:

A mentalism routine involving an imaginary coin toss. The spec chooses heads or tails ten times, and the results is revealed on a pad of paper in view the whole time. It's not particularly original, but I can think of a few more original applications of an imaginary coin toss. How about a Russian Roulette based on an imaginary coin toss called by the spectator? If they get it wrong, you hurt yourself.

Think outside the box...

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
I doubt this is what you had in mind, because as far as the spectator is concerned, there is a coin, but if you just mime picking up a coin and fiddling with it for a while casually, then turn to a friend and say 'watch' as you slowly vanish it, you have a ridiculously clean and impossible coin trick.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I doubt this is what you had in mind, because as far as the spectator is concerned, there is a coin, but if you just mime picking up a coin and fiddling with it for a while casually, then turn to a friend and say 'watch' as you slowly vanish it, you have a ridiculously clean and impossible coin trick.

It's not technically - but it's creative, and that was the point so that's a great idea! A full coin bluff handling...

Reminds me of when you perform a bluff pass in card magic without using a top card at all...

Nice thinking :)

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
It's not technically - but it's creative, and that was the point so that's a great idea! A full coin bluff handling...

Reminds me of when you perform a bluff pass in card magic without using a top card at all...

Nice thinking :)

Haha, I can't take full credit for this, it's something my friend and I have been playing around with for a while. It's good fun :)

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
it kind of requires a serious rapport or a massive rep. as a magician to make it work though.

right?

I don't think so really, it's just about getting the moment right. For example, my friend was recently trying to learn how to roll a coin across his knuckles. There were loads of coins dotted around the table, and we were both just sat there fiddling with them. After a while, I just stopped using a coin and started miming rolling something over my knuckles. He didn't notice, because he was concentrating on what he was doing, nut he could see out the corner of my eye that I was still doing it. After a few minutes, I turned to him and said 'Watch this.' I mimed very end of a coin roll and then dropped the 'coin' into my other hand. He completely assumed that I had just dropped the coin into my other hand.

I suppose given that it was a close friend, there probably was quite a lot of rapport, but it's not something I've ever given thought to during that trick. I just do it when the situation seems right.

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
I don't think so really, it's just about getting the moment right. For example, my friend was recently trying to learn how to roll a coin across his knuckles. There were loads of coins dotted around the table, and we were both just sat there fiddling with them. After a while, I just stopped using a coin and started miming rolling something over my knuckles. He didn't notice, because he was concentrating on what he was doing, nut he could see out the corner of my eye that I was still doing it. After a few minutes, I turned to him and said 'Watch this.' I mimed very end of a coin roll and then dropped the 'coin' into my other hand. He completely assumed that I had just dropped the coin into my other hand.

I suppose given that it was a close friend, there probably was quite a lot of rapport, but it's not something I've ever given thought to during that trick. I just do it when the situation seems right.

yeah, well i might try it.... sounds like a lot of fun... i do a similar thing after i drop a coin...but.. well its in bobos

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results