t11.bulletin - Cannibal Cards by Michael Hankins

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
A classic plot in magic is the Cannibal Cards. Originally developed by Lin Searles in the 1950′s, the effect has been a favorite among many of magic’s most respected creators. Tonight, we unveil a new spin on it by Mike Hankins.

Eugene Burger called it “wonderfully surprising with a perfect final line.” Deceptive, fun, and contemporary, this rendition of Cannibal Cards is streamlined and diabolical in presentation.

Four cards are violently devoured by the deck without mercy. Capped off a twist, surprise ending that will leave you speechless.

Special thanks to Bill Malone for his blessing and permission to include the first phase of this routine. Learn it now in 20 minutes of studio instruction.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
A classic plot in magic is the Cannibal Cards. Originally developed by Lin Searles in the 1950′s, the effect has been a favorite among many of magic’s most respected creators. Tonight, we unveil a new spin on it by Mike Hankins.

Eugene Burger called it “wonderfully surprising with a perfect final line.” Deceptive, fun, and contemporary, this rendition of Cannibal Cards is streamlined and diabolical in presentation.

Four cards are violently devoured by the deck without mercy. Capped off a twist, surprise ending that will leave you speechless.

Special thanks to Bill Malone for his blessing and permission to include the first phase of this routine. Learn it now in 20 minutes of studio instruction.

Loved every minute of the preview. Just because not only is the trick pretty awesome, his patter line was just die hard hilarious. JUSTIN BIEBER SERIAL KILLER!!!

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Wow, nice job on this one JB =). Cannibal Cards is an amazing and fun card plot. I am glad that it is still seeing the light of day in this "newer" age of card magic! Bring on the Cannibal Cards, Reset, Open Travelers, and Cards Across plots in my opinion!

Jun 10, 2010
LOVE THIS... The patter is HILARIOUS. Justin Bieber, serial killer... Justin Kredible, serial killer...

BLOOD! BLOOD!

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
Holy crap!!!! I'm totally fooled!!! At first I was like, "....eh." but then he showed only 4 jacks and then turned them red with BLOOD!!!! hahaha. I'm totally getting this one!!!!

HAHAHA Justin Bieber and Justin Kredible the serial killers! =)

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
loved the kicker ending. Few inconsistencies in the cannibal part but i could easier use the second half with other routines. Was this 1-on-1 edited differently? i dont know why but i kept thinking it was sped up slowed down, sped up and real speed. Its not a big deal just messed with my head throughout the preview. Anyways a very good idea for a 1-on-1 and mike is funny as always.

Jan 16, 2008
If Mike has a live show, I don't know whether the audience would be watching a hilarious comedy act or an epic magic show...mindfreak dude.
This is one card trick that is seriously entertaining! Awesome preview as well. =)

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
Mehar,

This isn't the place for dissecting or analyzing an effect. I find it rather disrespectful that you would post your theories/ideas on how the effect is accomplished in the same same thread that is announcing the new effect!

I suggest you edit your post.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results