What is this card trick called?

Oct 22, 2011
hey guys, David Blaine performs a trick ( he has only performed it once and it was only last year ) where he asks the spectator to hold the deck, then he says name any card you want, they do that and then he tells them to cut the deck and the card they cut to was the named card. Does anyone know the name of this trick? Someone said it was by Juan Tamariz and if so what is the name of the trick? If you could give me any info on where I can buy it or learn it I would appreciate it
-Curtis.

Nov 10, 2007
I dont know the exact method of which he uses but I believe there is something to that effect in Mneumonica by Juan Tamariz.

The Book Mnemonica by Juan Tamariz, I believe it is a concept from the book, Not a trick in itself, But the book will teach you how to do this. David Blaine also does it a different way were he tells some one to think of a card and gives them the deck and tells them to cut. Then they cut to the card. All I am going to say is it will take some work to learn how to perform that.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
The trick is mnecocis (its not how you spell it but I am too far from the book to check). However the effect is not the same every time there are a few little tricks you can use to help improve your strike rate for the out come

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results