4 of a kind trick

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
Heya guys, the time has come once again for me to learn something new.

I was wondering if someone could give me the names of some good 4 of a kind tricks. Only one set of four of a kind, like the 4 kings for example. I have dabbled into tricks where there are transpositions of 2 sets of 4 of a kind and that is not what I am looking for.

Thank you very much. Right now my favorite 4 of a kind trick is Conspiracy of Four by Kevin Ho which I found about a year ago in his Smooth Operations manuscript which you can buy from Dan and Dave.

C

Cardmaster211

I love Shotgun by Irving Quant, which you can find on Quantum Mechanics, it's a effect where a 4 of a kind vanishes and goes to different parts of the deck, I think you'll like this.

Nov 8, 2007
Tailspin by John Guastaferro from his DVD set Brainstorm. Great piece.

Spectator names any four-of-a-kind to use and the magician removes them and sets the deck aside. One-by-one each card turns face down, then they all turn to the Aces. You hand the Aces to the spectator and from a distance they change back to the four-of-a-kind in their hands. All in the hands, very clean and magical looking, impromptu.

*EDIT* Just saw that you DIDN'T want that type of effect. I mis-read and thought that's what you WERE looking for. So...

How about Dai Vernon's Twisting the Aces, Paul Harris's Tap Dancing Aces or Vacuum Cleaner Cards, Derek Dingle's Rollover Aces, The Buck's Queens, take your pick of someone's version of Invisible Palm Aces, Ed Marlo's Topsy Turvy Aces, or Andy MacDonald's MacDonald's Aces? All of those just use one four-of-a-kind.

Hope that helps.

Happy Magic

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Cardmaster211

Spectator names a 4 of a kind to use and the magician removes them and sets the deck aside. One by one each card turns face down, then they all turn to the Aces. You hand the Aces to the spectator and from a distance they change back to the 4 of a kind in their hands. All in the hands, very clean and magical looking, impromptu.

Oh yeah, you gotta check out tailspin!

Z

Zach Lambert

Hofzinser's Four Ace Problem as well as Reset/Underground transposition and all of their deviations are very interesting problems that I constantly am trying to find a solution for.

Good luck with your search.

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007

Spectator names any four-of-a-kind to use and the magician removes them and sets the deck aside. One-by-one each card turns face down, then they all turn to the Aces. You hand the Aces to the spectator and from a distance they change back to the four-of-a-kind in their hands. All in the hands, very clean and magical looking, impromptu.

*EDIT* Just saw that you DIDN'T want that type of effect. I mis-read and thought that's what you WERE looking for. So...

How about Dai Vernon's Twisting the Aces, Paul Harris's Tap Dancing Aces or Vacuum Cleaner Cards, Derek Dingle's Rollover Aces, The Buck's Queens, take your pick of someone's version of Invisible Palm Aces, Ed Marlo's Topsy Turvy Aces, or Andy MacDonald's MacDonald's Aces? All of those just use one four-of-a-kind.

Hope that helps.

Happy Magic

Even if you are not looking at that specific piece, I think Brainstorm by John Guastaferro is great, plenty of good information. I personally like "Fairy Tail Frogs" from that set, but that might not be what you are looking for. The plot is four frogs changes to four princes, and it is a card trick.

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Paul Wilson has a great one in his "Lee and Paul hit the road" with Lee Asher.
Also, Doc Docherty has a version of Triumph that uses 4 of a kind in "TMS Underground 2".

Jul 13, 2010
'Homage to Homing' (four of a kind and a selection card) by John Guastaferro.
Also check out his latest book 'One Degree'.

Oct 15, 2008
Tennessee
severted by john carney
twisting the aces
collectors

i cant believe no one said doc daleys last trick, i do it almost every time i perform.

A simple 4 four 4 switch changing a 4 of a kind into 4 random cards kills.
Thats one of my favorite things to do.

Nov 8, 2007
severted by john carney
twisting the aces
collectors

i cant believe no one said doc daleys last trick, i do it almost every time i perform.

A simple 4 four 4 switch changing a 4 of a kind into 4 random cards kills.
Thats one of my favorite things to do.

She said she was looking for effects that use only one four-of-a-kind. Great effect though.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results