A Dangerous Question (Not supposed to a funny title)

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
im not sure where but i thought i had read or heard that CHANGE was going to be in daniel madisons DANGEROUS.and from what jonathan bayme wrote in the post i didnt see it in there..so was i wrong in what i thought or whats up with that?

Oct 19, 2007
no its not going to be included but I wish, but he's probably already making the dvd for it, but you never know

timsilva

Elite Member
Nov 18, 2007
California
timsilva.com
Yeah, the whole thing is very interesting, I am starting to think that the trick itself is a trick. Maybe there will be a hidden easter egg on one of the dvds with a new performace or some more info about it. I've heard 3 or 4 people say that is doesn't exist and that it is just for hype & attention. I guess we'll just have to wait. I'm a skeptic about it for sure though.

For now, I think it is too good to be true. However, I'd love nother more than to be proven absolutely wrong.

change

I still do not believe that that move can be done. Call me an ignorant skeptic but I figure if it could be done (outside a studio) then he would have published this miracle piece. In his video you actually see one card dissolve into another without a millimeter of cover and no finger motion.. He claims it got to be real because he is talking on the video... hehe.. I would seriously not spend a penny on a Madison´s creation. He is so into him self that he looses me immediately..

Sep 1, 2007
I still do not believe that that move can be done. Call me an ignorant skeptic but I figure if it could be done (outside a studio) then he would have published this miracle piece. In his video you actually see one card dissolve into another without a millimeter of cover and no finger motion.. He claims it got to be real because he is talking on the video... hehe.. I would seriously not spend a penny on a Madison´s creation. He is so into him self that he looses me immediately..

I would definately buy change if it were to be published, but I'm currently on the same boat as you, it's impossible(imo).

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
Lately, I've been doubting Change because it's come to my attention that Madison is a pretty big loser.

What makes you say he's a loser?

And I have to agree with everyone when it's said that CHANGE seems pretty impossible. I'd love to see it published. I'd be surprised if it was.

~The Emogician~

Apr 28, 2008
Lately, I've been doubting Change because it's come to my attention that Madison is a pretty big loser.

I'm starting to feel this way as well, his effects are good but he just takes himself way too seriously. He acts like he's 'underground' then releases his stuff on one of the biggest magic sites.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
if its his stlye then who are we to judge. We all have our own style and it wont appeal to everyone but its still us. No matter what you say though you have to admit D+M is crazy with a deck of cards. His flourishing is insane and i cant wait for Dangerous to see some of his magic. And if/when CHANGE comes out. im definitely buying it. i think everyone would no matter what we think just to finally have some kind of confirmation on what exactly it is

Dec 22, 2007

yea i agree with you.

and he doesnt actually talk over the video.

Change is not possible.

Sep 1, 2007
I think the whole: "we edited it so that my voice goes high as the change happens" was a buyout for the bad editing on his Change 2008 vid. I haven't lost my respect for him yet, because he's an awesome magician and flourisher, but I will if change is a crock, and that's what it seems to be.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
I'm one person who won't buy Change for a long, long time. And if that means it goes out of print or whatever, that's fine, I guess I won't ever own it. I don't care about the method, honestly. I think Daniel's a great flourisher and magician for the camera, but that means nothing. I want to see him perform for real spectators at a real gig, then I'll judge how god of a magician he is.

I want to see him perform for real spectators at a real gig, then I'll judge how god of a magician he is.
Which is why I'm saving to buy the magic section of "Dangerous" :D

There is one thing I would like to say, as much I hate seeing an image done only for magicians, we on the other part must maintain a professional attitude. Whatever reason, things like "big loser" should not be said.

Be professional if you want your posts to be taken seriously :)

Cheers,

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Which is why I'm saving to buy the magic section of "Dangerous" :D

There is one thing I would like to say, as much I hate seeing an image done only for magicians, we on the other part must maintain a professional attitude. Whatever reason, things like "big loser" should not be said.

Be professional if you want your posts to be taken seriously :)

Cheers,

Yes, but how do we know those are real spectators? For all we know they're Daniel's family and just scream like that to make him feel good. :rolleyes: Nah, I'm sure Daniel's a great magician... I just haven't seen any proof of that yet.

Sep 2, 2007
London
Whatever you think about Mr Madison, you have to agree he's a superb salesman, in that he's created a massive buzz about himself and his products, even without many people (as far as I know) seeing much of him as a performer. Even without any other evidence, this salesmanship would lead me to believe that he is talented as a magical performer and thinker, as the skill of sales is very similar to that of the magician.

And, just as a footnote, I'm becoming more and more convinced that Change is going to be revealed as a camera trick and was always a way of inspiring people to try and acheive that effect, hence the competition. If so, brilliant, it was sterling work.

Sep 1, 2007
San Diego
(for change) its not impossible, i know of a very simple method that can accomplish the same effect, if the card can be handed out at the end without going to the deck and theres no switches, then i dont know.

but if has to go to the deck, then i have apretty good idea on how its done

Dec 22, 2007
Long Island, New York
I think it's the way he presents change in his videos that causes the "camera editing" theory. I'm sure if Chad Nelson released a video of him doing the clipshift with the same gritty style of the change videos, we would be having the same debate with it. Change takes us back to being laymen, not knowing what's real and fake. We're all acting like hecklers in this thread...hehe. I guess once your a magician you lose the magic in magic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results