A Learning Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 12, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
What I do when this situation arrives I repeat back what they said like " Oh two cards huh? That's what you saw well thats interesting we'll try it again watch this,...hold the card assuring there's just one and place it sticking out of the deck anywhere you want", and then do a half pass and it shuts them up usually and most of the time they think your better for it. Try it and let them play their games and well play ours you will conquer when its over. Usually I'll get a reaction like" Oh I hate you!", in a funny way of course and since you didn't lose your temper they forget you even screwed up in the first place or they think it was part of the trick. It works for me.

Thanks for the advice, but i don't know how to do any passes. I will have to learn. What books/DVS's can i get that teach it?

And, i can also work on my DL's a bit more so they dont' catch me...

Sep 1, 2007
Nebraska
Like someone else said in an earlier reply, every performance is a learning experience in itself. I learn something new in every performance, and I'm able to grow in magic.

Probably the biggest performance I've had was my first performance at a school fun night about a year ago. No one knew about my magic, and I wasn't sure how it would turn out. After a bit of dancing, I went down to the cafeteria, got a pop, and performed Sinful (thanks Wayne!). The effect KILLED and got a huge reaction. The rest of the night went over well (although one person who knew some magic exposed it to some people later on :mad:) That really got me hooked on magic. If I had messed up, then I probably wouldn't be here right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results