a new pass idea ??

Jan 11, 2012
Hi there. feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I have had this move for a bit now and i have been looking to see if anything similar has been done before. Basically the move is this, during the action of performing a classic pass, 1 card is turned over in the deck. I feel this has applications in invisible deck and triumph routines. However i would love to know if this is all my own idea. i understand the classic pass has nothing to do with me but the move that occurs during the pass is what i am interested in

hope to hear back

Dylan

Jun 2, 2013
I personally use this idea, but execute the effect in two stages (assuming the desired turned card is on top):
1. I do a cardini change
2. I execute any pass or cut

Mar 22, 2013
Munich / Germany
I don't know if this has been published anywhere, but you are definitely not the first one to come across this idea.
And I also think it's a really unpractical way to turn over a chosen card - just my opinion... ;)

DABBLE

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
YouTube it. If it's an original idea this would time stamp it. You don't have to let everybody see it, just a few to find out if it is original or practical. It's difficult to base an opinion based on your written description.

Sep 2, 2007
London
Sorry Dylan, but to echo KonTW, this is not original. I think everyone who's wielded a deck in anger has independently discovered this. It's a rite of passage we all have to go through, though, so congratulations on achieving it. Rest assured that at one time or another all the greats have gone through the same process as you: practising the classic pass, accidentally turning a card over, thinking they'd made a discovery, then sharing the idea with a more experienced colleague who crushed their enthusiasm by telling them it had already been discovered.

The important lesson to take away from it is that, in practise, there's no such thing as a mistake. If your hands and the cards interact in a way which you didn't intend you've either made an original discovery, independently discovered something already extant, or identified an area which needs attention in your future practise. All of these three outcomes are desirable, so you can't lose!

c.t

Apr 17, 2013
Australia
The important lesson to take away from it is that, in practise, there's no such thing as a mistake. If your hands and the cards interact in a way which you didn't intend you've either made an original discovery, independently discovered something already extant, or identified an area which needs attention in your future practise. All of these three outcomes are desirable, so you can't lose!

Thats very true.

I think it was Daniel Madison said "anything that can be done with a deck of cards at some time or the other all ready has been done"
Cant help it i guess but its gonna happen eventually.
just to make you laugh, when i was like super rookie i created what i thought was a perfect flourish.
it was amazing, skillfull and i showed it to everyone.
when i eventually showed it to my magic friend who got me into it he informed me the move was called the charlier cut and it was more than 100 years old and it wasnt a very hard thing to do.
that crushed me cos i thought i was like the most genius guy in the world.
what can ya do :D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results