ACR Routine

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Well, obviously Daryl's is great.
Michael Paul's is fantastic, his riser is amazing!
Sankey's 'stronger Magnet' from Sankey unleashed is sweet, and comes ready made with an awesome presentational hook.
Also, wait for DROP, by a good looking chap named Christopher Lafferty, a VERY good ambitious closer ;) Available soon...

CL

Nov 23, 2007
NC
If you already know the moves one of the great things about an ACR is that
it is so open to different presentation ideas. It gives you a chance to be creative
and come up with almost any routine as long as it makes sense and fits your style.

Although a lot of magicians are worn out with it don’t forget that most laymen have
never seen it. You can shop around for different ideas but in the end I always think
the routines that are original to the performer and fit in with the others things going on
that he’s performing are the best.

..., by a good looking chap named Christopher Lafferty,
CL
uuhh, I dont know about that one.

Sep 1, 2007
Hey guys. Im looking for a really good ACR routine. It can be a book or a dvd. What are your guys suggestions? Thanks. :)

Chris was right, Mike's ACR is awesome. It is part of a 3 effect DVD called Reality Check. Portions of the ACR routine, including the riser Chris mentioned, can be seen in the trailer:

http://www.thementalplayground.com/realitycheck.html

Here is the description for the ACR, U.V.A.C. See if any of this fits what you are looking for:

A complete ambitious card routine like you've never seen before. Featured phases include an ultra-visual face up instant rise, and a test conditions animation of a card to the top of the pack that will blow you and your audiences away. The best part? No gimmicks. As an encore, you stand there, still in front of your audience and allow the spectator's signature to vanish (in full view from a face up card) with no movement whatsoever. Later, Matt Mello joins the fun, and discusses the routine and its details with Michael Paul in a special jam session.

Apr 30, 2008
Sweden, Vänersborg
Chris was right, Mike's ACR is awesome. It is part of a 3 effect DVD called Reality Check. Portions of the ACR routine, including the riser Chris mentioned, can be seen in the trailer:

http://www.thementalplayground.com/realitycheck.html

Here is the description for the ACR, U.V.A.C. See if any of this fits what you are looking for:

A complete ambitious card routine like you've never seen before. Featured phases include an ultra-visual face up instant rise, and a test conditions animation of a card to the top of the pack that will blow you and your audiences away. The best part? No gimmicks. As an encore, you stand there, still in front of your audience and allow the spectator's signature to vanish (in full view from a face up card) with no movement whatsoever. Later, Matt Mello joins the fun, and discusses the routine and its details with Michael Paul in a special jam session.

That coin vanish he does in the trailer looks awesome

May 8, 2008
England
If you already know the moves one of the great things about an ACR is that
it is so open to different presentation ideas. It gives you a chance to be creative
and come up with almost any routine as long as it makes sense and fits your style.

Exactly, just mess around a bit, often something simple works really well.

Nov 1, 2008
I'm a big fan of Bill Malone's ACR (I Don’t Even Have a Pocket from On The Loose #1)
I'd suggest learning a few then pulling them apart into a routine of your own where it becomes yours. It's a pretty great trick to learn to improvise with as it has a million variations, methods, etc... make it yours.
t

Dec 13, 2008
Morris, IL
Awesome advice guys! Appreciate it. Thanks chris for your help. I will be sure to check out those ACR's that you listed. I also did watch the trailer for reality check. I must say, that I was pretty impressed. Like Infected mentioned, that coin vanish was crazy. Flyspazz, your absolutely right too. I can go in any direction I want to with the ACR. As long as you know the move, then the ACR is pretty versatile. Thanks for your help too BRoders. Now that I have some information from you guys, I can start looking at some different ACR's. By the way, which ACR to you guys normally perform since were talking about it???

Nov 23, 2007
NC
By the way, which ACR to you guys normally perform since were talking about it???
Mine is a comedyish routine thats a little spaztic here and there about taking a trip
on the airlines (go figure). Since most people know I'm a pilot and almost
everyones run into issues traveling I have a lot of fun
with it. Its original and fits in with my style. Thats the way I like it.

I'll throw another bone your way. You can fetch it here. Just go down on the right side
and hit the play button. When the video comes up just underneath it hit the number 3 video.
Wayne talks about a good ACR routine there.

Dec 13, 2008
Morris, IL
HaHa!!! Flyspazz, you must have read my mind. That video of Wayne talking about the ACR was what got me started thinking about different ACR's out there. I check Wayne's updates everyday. I can see that you do too. lol I like your ACR about working for the airlines. Like you said, your a pilot, you deal with traveling alot, so you make an original routine revolving around all about you and what you do. It makes it real. I need to come up with an orginal routine myself. I should work on that. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results