America's Got Talent - Stripper Magician

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I just watched an act on America's Got Talent, the stripper magician who vanished Howie's ring and had it appear on his nipple ring. It was horrendous and a disgrace to all magicians. Please tell me this was a joke and this guy doesn't really perform?

Was this guy serious? How many of you saw this tonight?

Thoughts? Ha Ha.

Jan 2, 2012
Oh my god ! I was watching it and i wanted to go throw my tv off a building it was so bad! I thought is this what magic has really come to now a days.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I just watched an act on America's Got Talent, the stripper magician who vanished Howie's ring and had it appear on his nipple ring. It was horrendous and a disgrace to all magicians. Please tell me this was a joke and this guy doesn't really perform?

Thoughts? Ha Ha.

Americas Got Talent tends to hate magicians of all kinds and pretty much a few other acts that tend to pop up every now and then.

Jan 20, 2009
California
He is a real magician, i have see him from time to time at some of our club meetings.
but never really took the time to get to know him.

Jun 26, 2009

Thoughts? Ha Ha.

Wow Rick. That performer was my cousin... COMPLETELY KIDDING!

But in all seriousness it WAS horrendous and WAS a disgrace to magicians. It was really strange.

-Zach

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
At least he didn't do it with a Prince Albert piercing. . . (look it up but be prepared to whence).

AGT doesn't "hate" magicians but rather, they hate the really bad hacks who tend to be the one's that show up most e.g. they are the one's they will "feature" and draw focus on. There was another magic act on last week that was unique, I'm curious to see where it moves as things progress. In this case the guy cuts a friend in half (box free) and then allows the upper-torso to play piano. . . I can see potential on that front.

If you don't like schlock magic acts like this tasteless idiot with the nipple ring, stop encouraging people to "express themselves however they feel they should". Look at some of the flame wars on the forums when it comes to critique of people's acts and the whole "self-expression" defense that raises to the top. There are justifiable reasons to just say "NO" to certain material.

Oct 20, 2008
Austin, TX area
YES!

Finally: a magician treats AGT almost as badly as AGT treats magicians.

I don't know how much I like the act. That felt like way too much time behind the screen. On the other hand, I'm really comfortable with acts like this infiltrating America's Got Talent at every possible opportunity.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I'm sorry, but why is this any more tasteless than appearing to pull a bra out of a woman's clothing?

I can't help but think that this is really just more of the same.

Is it the association with stripping that bothers you?

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
I'm sorry, but why is this any more tasteless than appearing to pull a bra out of a woman's clothing?

I can't help but think that this is really just more of the same.

Is it the association with stripping that bothers you?

The Bra Trick and Short Surprise type gags where done with tongue in cheek and a "naughty" bit of silliness not as an expression of sexuality let alone what most of the world views as "perverted" sexual expression . . . there's a lot of big bad redneck types that are scared to death of having their ear pierced let alone their nurple or things south of the belt-line. Then again, many of them are told that it's not a "Christian" thing (though the one assumed teaching about piercings found in the old testament, involves a man nailing his ear to a mans door as a symbol of servitude and to show his love and grace to said man, the "Master" placed a gold ring in the wound). . . far be it for me to point out the facts though. . .

The bottom line is that especially in the U.S. there are many that would take extreme offense to this sort of material, INCLUDING those that are actually "into" the scene (not that I'd know people like that).

ONE OTHER POINT. . . within the magic world's political base, the Bra & Shorts as well as Cards from Mouth, Mouth Coils, the Magic Ding Dong and a handful of other bits have all been seen as "blue" and "tasteless" and thus, not the sort of thing a "proper" and "respectable" professional would ever do. Such things actually degrade the public opinion of magic & magicians.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I don't know, all the strippers I've known would just think this was a lame joke.

To be totally honest, I think this is more affirming magic's current bottom-of-the-totem-pole existence than degrading it. It's certainly not helping to improve the opinion of most people in regards to magic, but then again, neither are most other magicians.

Jul 13, 2009
Sex and magic? Meh, not really that shocking, considering for years magicians have been binding girls and performing horrific acts against their will. Slipping them ether, using hypnotism to put them in trances, forcing them in boxes, girls willingly being bound and even magicians being penetrated by girls (interlude illusion). With that said, we gotta start somewhere why not a strip club? :p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results