ANATE: Dee Christopher

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Effect
Based on Kenton's Kollosal Killer, this is a thought of card in wallet.
This method however slims it down to fit inside any normal wallet or envelope.
A Spectator is told that you have a card in your wallet - they are asked to name a
number for the value of the card, then they are asked to name the suit that this
card is.
The card is tipped out to show that your prediction is correct!

The effect is just that clean. A little while ago when Pressure was released there was quite a large thread about misleading advertising, and I was skeptical about this product to begin with. However, when I purchased it within the first three seconds of reading the 'force' I was in complete awe of what Dee had discovered.

The PDF is very short in length, yet everything in it is described in more than enough detail. It is very obvious that Mr. Christopher has really thought this through and put the hours into making it incredibly workable. However the card effect is why most people will be purchasing this effect, in my opinion the real value is in the subtlety that makes the card force work. Also if the force does not hit Dee gives a few different outs, one is amazingly bold that will work and the other is a very clever piece that has its roots in Maven's work. Dee Also gives a few effects that do not require cards but use the same idea of the card force. There is another out that Marc Spelmann wrote in his 101108 lecture notes that would be a perfect fit to this effect.

In summary it is evident to me that this piece is a very strange one. The presentation that Dee gives will work and will work well. However, the real strength of this release is not the effect (although very nice in its own right) but the method itself.

I will not include a score because it all comes down to personal opinion, yet in mine this is something that you do not want to miss as it truly cleaver, truly simple and truly deceptive.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Dicer,

Thanks for your review, I'm really glad that you are pleased with your purchase!

It was a bizarre discovery I must admit, the thought literally popped into my head in a hazed drowsy period between sleep and waking. I knew I had to write it down, but couldn't move a dropped back to sleep. I then forgot it for a while and thought to myself, I'm SURE there was something I had to remember... *sigh*

Then I did remember and was like.. Is that it? But I worked out a routine and tried it, and again, and again, and for some reason it just works!!

I've found it to be the perfect technique for use in impromptu dem's - very effective, there's SO much you can do with it.

Thanks again for your thoughts, I look forward to hearing some applications and performance stories!!

All the best,

D.

p.s. I'll have to check out the Spelmann notes, I'm at Nardi's next week so I'll get him to fish out a copy!! :p

Dec 13, 2007
North Hollywood
well no psych force is 100% but I must say i prefer this over a lot of othe rPsych forces I learned, this seems to have the highest procentage, of success, for me at least it does. I really like this. I will post a review up soon.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Dee, out of curiosity, have you seen Seven by - oh man mental blank, the name escapes me, hold on, Bryn Reynolds, that's the one, in The Safwan Papers? Also based on KK's KK, which I use regularly - though it doesn't sound as straightforward as this.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I've not seen Bryn's ebook, only heard good things though! Thanks for reminding me!!!

*toddles off to purchase*

The routine which seems to have got most attention over at the cafe is to simply place one card face down on the table, have them name a card and get them to turn it over, or do so in their hands.

Lloyd suggested it and I tried it the same night - it was MENTAL. really good idea!

I also mention how to use the technique to set up several opaque cups on a table and have the spectator turn away, then you place an item of theirs in one of the cups and they can tell you which one it's in!

Sorta like TERESBOS, but with slightly less balls :p

D.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Let me know what you think. The card face down on the table is exactly how I perform it - though again, it does sound less free than yours. It's a good product, though. Bottle Cap Koran is fantastic too in particular ^^

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
Ah cool, I look forward to checking it out!:)

Yeah, the BIG thing about ANATE is that it's cleaner than clean. I used to perform Bang-on! by Marc Oberon all the time, so when I was testing this and performed it to my GF (who knows a fair amount of magic!) she couldn't believe it!! There's NOTHING better than flooring someone who generally refuses to be floored!:p

I shall check out Safwan!!

D.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results