Approached over website - Bookings

Hey Steven,
Maybe we catch you during termtime with this request? We're getting married on the 11th Oct, pm, in ****** near ******* & just had an idea of a magician... I warn you there are lots of kids, but we were hoping someone could entertain the adults, too...! Anyway let me know if you're free.
Cheers,******

This is the first time I have received an request about a booking over the internet.

What questions do you normally ask with bookings? I have not done a paid show for a while now. How do you do it professionally, do you have contracts or forms? What business work do you sort out with the customer?

I want to hear methods that you use, and why :)

Sep 26, 2007
Just a quick response but info id ask:

Location!! - Work out your travel costs and add it to your final price. look for the latest train home etc... dont get stuck in london!! haha :p not fun!!!!

Set's required - I do bookings in half hour slots.

Event Type - As this case shows, its pretty obvious.

Event capacity + Expectancy.

&&

Who the most important people are ;) because it wouldnt be good missing out the groooom or bridesmaid would it :p

Hope it goes well :D

----------------

Edit!!

Bodge up a nice invoice. Google 'invoice templates'' - Make yourself look, in a business sense, respectable :)

I normally get the time, date, type of show (strolling, stand up, close up, etc), # of people, etc.

As for forms, unless the show is last minute, I get an address to mail out a contract. That basically says they pay x amount up front, and the rest when I arrive before the show. Failure to do so, blah blah blah. That paper has my header design at the top, and all my contact info on the bottom along with the agreed upon price, date/time, and everything else. Their signature, my signature; it's a done deal.

Good Luck!
Steve

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results