Asking Her To Prom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2010
baller08.blogspot.com
Honestly guys, I believe this thread has run its course. Ive read everything said... and some people have given him suggestions including myself [but via pm to him], he has gotten his answer. He did NOT ask what everyones oppinion was reguarding using magic to ask a girl to prom but what suggestions for tricks are. Its ok to have oppinions and debate, but this has gotten way off track.

This is why conversation these days is a lost art. Internet forums try to apply rules that have nothing to do with real life. If we were all sitting around a cafe or bar and a guy asked this question, the response he would get would be very similar to those given here. If this person said, "Hey, I just want to know a trick idea....didn't ask you guys for your other thoughts even though they are based on reality"....we would all get up and not associate with that guy.

tokyoSW had the best analogy here and the advice RK has gotten is very good and very real. If he chooses not to follow it that's fine, but it doesn't mean others can't take what we're saying and actually measure it against their real life...because if they did they would know how much it applies.

tokyoSW: For my blunt, over-exaggerated analogy. It is a little bit like someone coming on and making a post that says, "I am planning to jump off something really high to end my misery. Should I jump off a cliff, or bridge, or... any other ideas?" And instead of people saying, "OH!! a Bridge would be best!" you got, "hmm, maybe you shouldn't jump off anything? There are other ways to solve your misery, perhaps counseling?" In this situation, the initial idea itself was not the best place to start. Many of us think it is the same with your original post/ question.

Sep 3, 2007
If you absolutely have to do this, don't do something that convoluted and cornball. Less is more. Having the note ask the question for you is just tacky and cliche. It's what any random would think of, so it lacks any sense of personality.

Again, less is more.

In this case I actually agree with you Pike. People throwing out ideas that they've never tried serves well to the imagination. But this guy is actually looking for advice.

Zamiels Rose (sp?) is an incredibly hard trick to master. That's... a bad idea folks. Myself, I've been married for over a year and rarely show my wife any magic. Mostly because it could turn out badly, like, "look at this trick can you see the coin?"

If you love her, as you've said, and you've never told her: that would be enough magic for her.

Appologies for not reading over all the thread.

Sep 3, 2007
To repeat, absolutely nothing I can say that you wouldn't take as harrassment. And for the record, I do not accept, "That's just my style," as an excuse because it's fallacious thinking. Dissent needs to be voiced.

Yeah, guys like you and me don't take BS well. But guys like me learn how to deal with it instead of complaining. All of my complaints in the past have gotten me nowhere. Where have yours taken you Pikey?

Peace.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Guys, like I mentioned before, this thread has run it's course. No offense, but I see a bit of immaturity coming out of member's mouths here. I said to stick back to the topic and most of you still continue to avoid what I had to say. The OP's question has already been answered; with that said, it's unfortunate that this thread also has to be closed. Just a note; being civil, respectful, and considerate to each other will always keep everyone happy. Please PM me with any questions or concerns you may have regarding the closing of this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

-Casey

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results