AutoMation

Hey Guys,

For next years Fringe, im looking at performing throughout the Fringe,

But before the Fringe the 'Garden of Unearthly Delights' opens, which is similar to an old style sideshow.

Im looking at performing and creating an effect playing the part of an Automation Character (Mechanical Human) similar to the old style Coin Operated Mind Readers, if you get what I mean.

I am looking at performing a coin in bottle effect (with their donated coin), a cups and balls routine, but am also looking at other effects to perform.

Anyone have any ideas? Its better if the effect can use a prop of my own, as I will be concealed inside a box, but will have a coin chute, and a chute large enough to place a bottle to hand out to the audience (after the coin is placed inside.)

Any ideas?

Barry and Stuart have done something similar, which can be found on Youtube!

Cheers,
Matty

Nov 23, 2007
NC
what is this..."Fringe" you speak of?
G
Yeah. I know its a great big festival with parades and things in the street but I'm not sure if the performers perform on the street or in tents or buildings? I'm sure some Aussie mate will chime in. It's night time there though so probably in the a.m.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah. I know its a great big festival with parades and things in the street but I'm not sure if the performers perform on the street or in tents or buildings? I'm sure some Aussie mate will chime in. It's night time there though so probably in the a.m.

Last year, if I remember rightly, Matt was performing in it and he put up some pictures and it was in a back garden like area. I'll go find the post

Cheers, Tom

Here we go....

"Ok,

To put it simply.

"The Fringe" is the main event
"The Garden" is part of "The Fringe" but a seperate area

We registered as part of "The Fringe" to perform in "The Garden." We were printed in publications as being a part of "The Garden" etc."

http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=5741

And here's some pictures. http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=5561

Last edited by a moderator:
The Fringe Festival is basically a massive party I guess.

It has comedians, magicians, stuntmen, music, plays, freak shows throughout basically our entire city, though it is based in one part of the city mainly.

The Garden of Unearthly Delights is in our Parklands which surround the city and is filled with Tents, Street Performers and Carnival/Festival type stalls.

I will probably perform in the Garden this year JDEN, close to East Terrace/Rundle Street.

Does anyone know any kind of mentalism that could work well with this?

Hey Guys,

For next years Fringe, im looking at performing throughout the Fringe,

But before the Fringe the 'Garden of Unearthly Delights' opens, which is similar to an old style sideshow.

Im looking at performing and creating an effect playing the part of an Automation Character (Mechanical Human) similar to the old style Coin Operated Mind Readers, if you get what I mean.

I am looking at performing a coin in bottle effect (with their donated coin), a cups and balls routine, but am also looking at other effects to perform.

Anyone have any ideas? Its better if the effect can use a prop of my own, as I will be concealed inside a box, but will have a coin chute, and a chute large enough to place a bottle to hand out to the audience (after the coin is placed inside.)

Any ideas?

Barry and Stuart have done something similar, which can be found on Youtube!

Cheers,
Matty
just look at what's not done...and try to create it....you want to think outside of the box....not be so normal....people want a show...u gotta give it to them....

Sep 2, 2007
with mentalism? maybe something like... they put the coin in, you 'draw' on it and ask them to name a one digit number, they name it, you put the coin through a slot, and then it's thier number (Thumb writer)

ALSO: a really robotic looking three card monte would be CRAZZZYYY

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results