Bad Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 22, 2008
i NEVER said that. and who knows...hes a little boy.

yah.. but nikki hes not that little i mean he looks about the age of like 12 or 13 and i gotta say though not trying to be mean here but that was the one part of the vid that really made my eyes wide. He should know better even at the age of 10.

-Jake

Originally Posted by Randy
So it's okay to insult your audience and flip them off for no reason? He's old enough to know better.

Yes, as long as it fits your character well. I pull a bird out of a hat, shirt, whatever. Fill in the blanks. It is funny when I do it because I have a very jolly attitude while I perform and every now and then I completely break my character and it gets laughs.

Edit

ALso wtf parents attempt to censor what your children watch.

But he doesn't. It's up to us to GUIDE him and help him find his own voice, his own character, and how to improve himself. Without the guidance of others, he may never get that.

He is a bit young IMO to actually start worrying about making a character, for himself.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
It's one thing to imitate your favorite comedian or magician or whatever. But it's another to completely rip off their entire act. Word for Word. That is what he did. I am kind of surprised his parents didn't yell at him when he started. It's not like they sat there like "Awww how cute. Billy just flipped us the bird."

Like I said, it would have been one thing if just did card or coin or sponge magic while taking somebody else's words or jokes. Hell even he just did Bill Malone stuff. It wouldn't have came off as insulting.

The point is that it showed he didn't really put any effort into it and rather than try his best, he ended up insulting the people who probably paid him a few bucks for a show.

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
Only AJ himself can pull off such disrespectful behavious and still have his audience love him. I like that. This kid somehow doesn't realize the material doesn't work for him. We should AT LEAST, as magicians, be helping him to find another type of performing style... not necessarily an original character, but something more closely suited to him and appropriate.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
The kid said on the youtube page that it was an "adult" show. I don't really see how an adult show means you can insult your audience and act like a dick to them. Plus I think his neighbors or parents were a bit stupid for getting there 12 year old to do an "adult show.". But him insulting them (tho he did say that was only like the last part of the show.) (he did say he ONLY took like 4 jokes from Amazing Jonathan.) I still think he should find better material and a better personality. It's one thing to be edgy and different. But it's another to just insult your audience. Gazzo and The Amazing Jonathan get away with it because they have talent and are KNOWN for it. A lot of the jokes came off forced and also just tasteless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results