Better way to store your rare cards...

Oct 22, 2009
I personally would just get a fire proof safe and keep them in your bedroom. Cover the safe with a table cloth and use it for a night stand. If you're paranoid about people stealing the safe, bolt it to your floor. At any rate, no fees and you can keep other valuable stuff in the safe, so it's worth the small investment.

I have a safe at home where I keep coins, comics, but as said prior - you really have to watch the humidity with paper stuff. You need to open it at least once every two weeks for a few minutes, and try to keep some cardboard in there or something.

If you're less worried about people stealing them, get them framed in a shadow box (like a 3d frame). You can get some with museum glass so the light doesn't reflect much - and it keeps the cards from being destroyed by light over time if displayed in a spot in the house that gets a lot of sun.

No matter the value of the cards, if they are worth it in your eyes, then they are worth protecting or displaying. Good luck!

Jul 13, 2009
I would rather insure my health then cards. Heck why I would have a deck of cards that cost more then five bucks is a mystery to me.

lol @ using a Deposit Box to store cards.

If Cards are the most important or valuable items you own, you are in a very sad position. Comon man, no one cares about cards apart from Magicians, no one will steal them or have any idea about their value. Keep them at home in a nice display like the rest of us.

Oct 22, 2009
Well, just because they are cards, doesn't mean they are face value. I have a 20 cent piece that's worth over $100, so if they are signed by some great dead magician, they could very well be worth storing.

Also, if they have emotional value to him, they could be worth storing. Maybe they are the first cards he did a professional show with, who knows. If he loves them, store them. No need to give him grief about it. :)

Look at the dead grandpa that stored some $20 Double Eagles in a safety deposit box. $20 then is worth a Million each now, and he had 10 stored. So, store away!!!

I have to be honest with you. If someone broke into your house with the intent to steal anything of value they can get their hands on, your decks of playing cards would probably be the LAST thing they took from you.

Only someone who knows you personally or another magician would even want to steal playing cards. it's not high on a common thugs list.

May 3, 2008
I have to be honest with you. If someone broke into your house with the intent to steal anything of value they can get their hands on, your decks of playing cards would probably be the LAST thing they took from you.

Only someone who knows you personally or another magician would even want to steal playing cards. it's not high on a common thugs list.

Lol. I can just picture the 911 call.

"911 what's your emergency?"

"Some guys just broke into my house. I just got home as they left."

"We're sending a police car over now. What did they steal?"

"(begins to cry) THEY TOOK MY JERRY'S!!!!!"

"Sir are you saying that they abducted someone?!"

"No. It's worse...THEY'RE PLAYING CARDS!!!!!!"

"Goodbye sir."

"What? NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! MY JERRY'S!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 19, 2009
i keep my cards in a safe with a 10 number combination, wraped around electric barbed wire with two bouncers guarding them and a river full of crocodiles surounding the safe. If you cant afford crocodiles, i recommend snapping turtles. no. i just keep them in a drawer. :)

-M.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results