Sep 19, 2014
So I've been casually doing card tricks for about a year now for friends and family and I figured now's a good time to start buying some legit magic books. I can do basic false cuts, double lifts, etc. and I'd say I'm at a late beginner, early intermediate level. I do tricks mostly for people at my university so it's a lot of street magic-style tricks. If anyone has some suggestions for books to pick up that would be great, thanks!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
So I've been casually doing card tricks for about a year now for friends and family and I figured now's a good time to start buying some legit magic books. I can do basic false cuts, double lifts, etc. and I'd say I'm at a late beginner, early intermediate level. I do tricks mostly for people at my university so it's a lot of street magic-style tricks. If anyone has some suggestions for books to pick up that would be great, thanks!

Hey Thomas,

This is always a great place to start. Jason England does a great job on giving you some books to get started. A lot of these books are fairly inexpensive, so they're quite affordable. If you are in the realm of just card magic, Roberto Giobbi's Card College series is also a great read, as well as Card College Light (card magic without sleight of hand).

I don't know what genre you are mainly wanting to dive into, but I hope that helps just a little bit!

Reactions: Josh Burch
Sep 19, 2014
Big thanks to both of you. I just found Royal Road to Card Magic in a used book store so I've been looking through that and fine tuning a lot of the sleights that I learned for free online. I'll add Art of Astonishment to my list of books to get and look through Jason England's list, thanks!

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I've been looking through that and fine tuning a lot of the sleights that I learned for free online.

If you have learned sleights on line, your best bet is Card College Volumes 1 and 2. Chances are that most of what you learned needs to be fine tuned. It makes sense to learn the basics properly and most online tutorials (Aaron Fisher is one exception) are poorly done.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results