Box Raise

Mar 22, 2013
Munich / Germany
Hi,

The last months I played around with a new version of the classic "Sketchpad Raising Card" effect.
In this version the card is selected by a spectator and put back into the deck. (Nothing new yet ;) )
After that, you present a prediction on the back of your card box - a drawn card - but sadly it's the wrong card...
So you tell them to imagine, that the drawn card was the top card of a whole deck of cards, painted on the box.
And after a few seconds, without any cover, one card visually rises from the painted pack - It's their card!
You can even go as far, as handing them out the box for full examination. Nothing is hidden inside or behind the box and the effect resets in 3-5 seconds.

But before I start filming this, I want to know, if this is original. (I hope it is :) )
Any comments or feedback are very welcome.
I will upload a performance too, within the next days...

Have a great day!

- Konrad

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 3, 2013
Singapore
The trick you are referring to is called Cardiographic. Pardon me I don't know who came up with the original idea.

Okay, there have been several variation of this effect including one that is done on a business card. I can't judge it based you your description alone. A raw 15 seconds performance video showing just the effect would be helpful. Or else try google the trick name and watch their performances.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 29, 2013
Hi,

the problem is how do you define a new or original piece of magic...?
Is something new, just because the objects are different ones?

However I believe you mean if the method is original...I am right?

If thats the case, nobody can tell you that from just your discription, a video might help.

If you want to check out yourself how original it actualy is, you should first check Martin Lewis, Alexander de Cova, Brian Curry...

To say something positive, I sounds great and it also sounds like you are not using the classic method.

There is also a cardiograph version on a playing card (can t rember the name), this could be similar to your method.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results