Bringing It All Together

Vinnie C.

cardistry moderator / t11
Aug 31, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Again, I think the focus should be on improving theory11 for cardists rather than just simply reverting to Decknique.

I am in no way reverting to Decknique. I am giving what I believe are flaws so that they can be worked on for the improvement of Theory11.

-Vince

hyo

Sep 1, 2007
People stay at decknique because it is familiar, and there is no reason to leave. Until T11 can provide at least the level of services that Decknique did (Which is slowly happening) people are going to see no reason to leave.

^Basically what I would say. People see no reason to register at a new community, which has the same features and a smaller Forum. But still, theory11 has a great idea and I guess we should all support it ;)

EDIT: I aswell fully agree with Vinnie.

Aug 31, 2007
I say we have a bigger Cardistry forum on T11.

Provide more practical solutions, guys. And T11, please listen to what we have to suggest.

Thanks.

- harapan. magic!

P.S. Maybe the near-future Cardistry section in the forums could be called Decknique. Then the name will stick.

Jul 23, 2007
New York, NY
I also propose the tagline (the most fundamental description of theory11) should be changed from "Underground Magic Epicenter" to "Underground Magic & Cardistry Epicenter" to truly demonstrate that theory11 is dedicated to both magic and cardistry, that it recognizes that cardistry is not actually just a subset of magic, and that it really takes it seriously rather than just having it as a category of magic.

Sep 1, 2007
Florida.
I still kinda don't see why they absolutley needed to merge, you can have a cardistry subforum, you don't really need to involve another site to do so. If you just left a couple of messages to richard telling him, to tell us, that they wanted some help with this forum, that would have just been as fine.

Aug 30, 2007
I still kinda don't see why they absolutley needed to merge, you can have a cardistry subforum, you don't really need to involve another site to do so. If you just left a couple of messages to richard telling him, to tell us, that they wanted some help with this forum, that would have just been as fine.

My two cents: The truth is that they don't absolutely need to merge. And we're not trying to force them to merge. Decknique is still there if you don't happen to like / believe in what we're doing around here.

Decknique is no longer accepting submissions, however, and because of that, we're hoping to build a solid community for cardistry in these forums. All we're trying to do is provide a new place for people who choose to participate. But, we can't do it alone. We need your help. This is a brand new site. We can build this community from the ground up with constructive suggestions for improvements and new features. As soon as we begin to see a consensus arise for certain features, we'll start actively working on implementing them (more forum categories, for example). It may take a little while (we've only been up for a week now), but it will happen.

With people like Richard and Dan & Dave around here, I would argue that this is probably going to turn into a very cool place for this community to grow and advance, but that's just my opinion. If you don't agree, we're not closing Decknique, so you're welcome to hang out there.

Dana

Sep 1, 2007
Florida.
My two cents: The truth is that they don't absolutely need to merge. And we're not trying to force them to merge. Decknique is still there if you don't happen to like / believe in what we're doing around here.

Decknique is no longer accepting submissions, however, and because of that, we're hoping to build a solid community for cardistry in these forums. All we're trying to do is provide a new place for people who choose to participate. But, we can't do it alone. We need your help. This is a brand new site. We can build this community from the ground up with constructive suggestions for improvements and new features. As soon as we begin to see a consensus arise for certain features, we'll start actively working on implementing them (more forum categories, for example). It may take a little while (we've only been up for a week now), but it will happen.

With people like Richard and Dan & Dave around here, I would argue that this is probably going to turn into a very cool place for this community to grow and advance, but that's just my opinion. If you don't agree, we're not closing Decknique, so you're welcome to hang out there.

Dana

Alright.
Thanks for the answer.
That is what I was looking for all along.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results