BULLETIN : andthensome +YOURSTUFF Contest

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Some amazing submissions already - keep 'em coming. We've seen some great stuff both in cardistry and magic.
Eager to see many more in the days to come.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Thanks Black&White, but I doubt i can replace a false in the hands riffle :rolleyes:.

Could an artist or something please answer my question?

It is quite important...

Gustav

Oh Gustav, I feel the sting of your keyboard *Staggers in pain and holds chest*.

It wasn't a full attempt to answer your question, because I really can't. Just trying to add some knowledge into the pool incase it could help. Quite honestly, someone who knows should have said something. It is a rather important question after all.

Question at hand, if i'm not mistaken:

Can you explain someone elses move (Earl's Grey Shuffle and T.G. Murphy's Deck Flip in this case) in your Tutorial if it is used to accomplish the effect?

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Oh Gustav, I feel the sting of your keyboard *Staggers in pain and holds chest*.

It wasn't a full attempt to answer your question, because I really can't. Just trying to add some knowledge into the pool incase it could help. Quite honestly, someone who knows should have said something. It is a rather important question after all.

Question at hand, if i'm not mistaken:

Can you explain someone elses move (Earl's Grey Shuffle and T.G. Murphy's Deck Flip in this case) in your Tutorial if it is used to accomplish the effect?

haha, no pain, no gain ;)

No biggie, thanks for the help anyways.

Gustav

BMC

Oct 25, 2008
Bucharest, Romania
Question for theory11 crew: For my trick I use Joel Paschall's "Fan control". Do I have the right to teach it in my video I submit for this contest, or do I have to teach something else instead?

Please reply asap. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
Is Dana Hocking's music (I bought the album) considered ROYALTY-FREE?

What about the music used on the other TRILOGY DISCS?

Thanks!

-Sanj

(Hopefully Dana or the Bucks will answer this :))

Oct 5, 2008
New York
Like other people I too I am using someone else's move in my trick. Do we explain it? I can't use something else or the trick wouldn't work. Somebody please answer. i already have the performance, I just need this cleared up and then I'll film the tutorial.

I'm not quite sure I completely agree with this type of thing. What makes any magician worthy of being able to thumb through tutorials on many/MANY effects that have great potential and are all new ideas? How much are they going to learn from this contest because it's likely to be much more than we learn from the DVD? Who gets to watch these and what happens 5 years down the road when an effect is released as a forgotten byproduct of your "losing" entry?

They might as well give this away for free if they want free tricks in return. The undeserved knowledge people gain on this far outweighs the satisfaction of one person winning. And when I say undeserved I mean that NO magician should push for tons of never before seen magic given to them for free.

How much would you be willing to give for one of your best tricks? Some may say $1,000.00. Maybe even more. Well 100 good entries is basically $100,000.00 worth of ideas.

I'm not in favor of this one.

The videos are not supposed to be uploaded to YouTube or Vimeo...

They are supposed to be uploaded to a YouSendIt drop box that only theory11 has access to.

The link is here where your submissions should be uploaded to:

http://dropbox.yousendit.com/theory11.

Sep 1, 2007
Well, we got done in the recording studio yesterday morning at about four recording original music. My friend did one more piece for me in logic pro, and I finished it all off with a piece of royalty free music. Submitted it a few hours ago. Just crossing my fingers. We all worked for like three days nearly nonstop to put this thing together. The camera we had was crap, but hopefully with color correction and decent editing and teaching, no one will notice...

Got my fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone else!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results