Business section of the site?

Show we create a 'business' section of the forums?

• Yes

Votes: 67 89.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey guys...

Lately, I've seen a few threads on here regarding the business side of magic. Unfortunately, they get lost rather quickly due to all the other threads on here, some rather pointless. I was wondering what the general consensus would be on having a business section of the site. Not to start up a whole 'Theory11 vs. Ellusionist' kinda thing, but they have a section like that and it's rather useful I think.

Maybe we can bribe Jon into setting something up?? Either that, or just kidnap him and use some forceful tactics. I think the former would be better than the latter in this case. ;)

Best.
Steve

So is anyone who voted "No" actually going to come up and defend their opinion?

I doubt it...

There are some people that just like to be negative with everything. Whether or not it would benefit them too. That, and they're just too much of a coward to go against the grain, but then actually come out in the open and explain their reasoning.

We tend to call those people b-i-t-c- ...err, nevermind. ;)

A big thank you to those that voiced their opinion though!

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
I think it would a great idea. It would help people who are thinking about getting into the business and knowing all the ins and outs ahead of time.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
I think it would be very helpful for those needing advice and tips for making it in the business world (including myself).
A YES from me.

D

Deleted member 2755

Thought I would pop in here. :) Steve, you are a constant contributor to the forum and I love reading your posts. Very informational.

The best information you can get about working in the field of magic is from the sources themselves.

We rarely like to add boards because they add up fast. We have been starting private product boards (Control and Pressure) and we've already got quite a few boards. Essentially... We don't want to become the cafe which makes eyes bleed every time it is looked at.:p We do take all suggestions into consideration though. So send a PM to any of the moderators or administrators and we will see what we can do to make something happen. :D

-Doug

Essentially... We don't want to become the cafe which makes eyes bleed every time it is looked at.:p

-Doug

But that's what has helped make the cafe as popular and big as it is, because there is something for everyone.

I see your argument about adding new boards, but I also hate to see how many threads that have been posted by both myself and others that get lost in the depths of the general forum. I have some other things I've posted on other forums that aren't here, because inevitably it would end up lost and buried, and it's just not worth it.

Look at the poll so far, 40 people have voted 'yes', 7 have voted 'no'...that's 85% of people that would like to see this happen so far. Hopefully it will too...it would be a shame not to add something that benefit so many others in the long run. :)

Best.
Steve

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
So is anyone who voted "No" actually going to come up and defend their opinion?

I doubt it. Whilst people may not be FOR the idea, per say, I don't see why anyone would actually actively be against the idea. If somebody that voted no could justify their opinions, I might see the light.

Sep 1, 2007
But that's what has helped make the cafe as popular and big as it is, because there is something for everyone.

For the sake of devil's advocate, consider two things.

First of all, as an entrepreneur yourself, surely you appreciate the metaphorical velvet rope policy. Catering to too wide a demographic at the same time can lead to trouble.

Second, the Cafe is also an example of why popular sure don't mean right. The sheer size of it has shown the ugly facet of the internet that it is diametrically opposed to quality control.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results