Card Fundamentals 1-on-1

Sep 10, 2007
I'm pretty much a coin guy most of the time, but in the interest of adding some variety thought I'd add some cards to spice it up. I know next to nothing about cards, beyond some hazy recollection of the Elmsley count from very long ago, so this video seemed like a decent place to start.

I found Aaron Fisher to be a very pleasant guy who obviously knows his stuff. He goes over the material, which is very basic, thoroughly, and without talking down to his audience.

The production is great. Some complain about the MTV-type quick cuts and out-of-focus transitions in T11 stuff, but I much prefer it to the sleep-inducing L&L productions of the past.

Quite some time ago, inspired by the iTunes model, I posted a suggestion on the Magic Cafe that magicians might think about offering individual effects for download. The 1-on-1 downloads are an excellent example.

If you're just starting with cards, Card Fundamentals will give you a solid start. Aaron provides a valuable list of recommended reading to keep you busy until the release of Card Fundamentals 2. I'll be waiting.

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I'm pretty much a coin guy most of the time, but in the interest of adding some variety thought I'd add some cards to spice it up. I know next to nothing about cards, beyond some hazy recollection of the Elmsley count from very long ago, so this video seemed like a decent place to start.

I found Aaron Fisher to be a very pleasant guy who obviously knows his stuff. He goes over the material, which is very basic, thoroughly, and without talking down to his audience.

The production is great. Some complain about the MTV-type quick cuts and out-of-focus transitions in T11 stuff, but I much prefer it to the sleep-inducing L&L productions of the past.

Quite some time ago, inspired by the iTunes model, I posted a suggestion on the Magic Cafe that magicians might think about offering individual effects for download. The 1-on-1 downloads are an excellent example.

If you're just starting with cards, Card Fundamentals will give you a solid start. Aaron provides a valuable list of recommended reading to keep you busy until the release of Card Fundamentals 2. I'll be waiting.

What if you are a magician who already has a solid foundation in cards, and wanted to buy this? Would it contain anything that would help the already-experienced, or is it more for beginners?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results