Chad Nelson's Liberation of the Fingers

Sep 20, 2009
Exactly what I was thinking. Edited in iMovie? And his spelling is horrible too...not a good way to start a business. Looks like utter trash and nothing I would ever practice or perform. The sandwich is so unnatural and doesn't make any sense. For the Clipshift, if you think holding and cradling the deck like a claw is natural then you need to realize something...it looks suspicious. No one holds the deck like that...ever. Although I do respect that he's trying to get out there by himself, but it just looks like it's only going to sell maybe 30 copies...

-Casey

Did someone dare say something bad about the Clipshift? has the world ended!

*Sarcasm*

Oct 29, 2009
Just around
Then don't buy it? everyone is complaining about this dvd, but theres 100s of other crappy dvds out their.
Why are we talking about this one? who cares! if he wants to put out crappy material, let him.
im not saying it's crappy because i havent seen it yet.

That's true. :p

Speaking of books, I recommend everybody (who doesn't have it) to get Expert Card Technique. I've had this book for more than half a year and I'm still finding crazy cool material in here. Seriously one of the best card books I have.

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
Biddle's grip of the deck is way different than Chad's grip on the deck. Chad's is like a death claw. The two grips are completely different. I see spectator's grab the deck like Biddle grip, but not Chad's death grip.

So... If I had read this correctly, you are saying that the Clip Shift Color Change isn't that great? This makes me sad, because everytime I saw this, I was blown away... Ever since watching it get done on D&D's Trilogy. =(

Jun 10, 2010
So... If I had read this correctly, you are saying that the Clip Shift Color Change isn't that great? This makes me sad, because everytime I saw this, I was blown away... Ever since watching it get done on D&D's Trilogy. =(

I like the way it looks but for the amount of practice time it takes to perfect compared to easier, better looking moves, it isn't worth it. I guess you could use it as a force or a control, but those are limited in capabilities. It's not that versatile of a move.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx

Is because you are looking at it with magician eyes...the grip is what makes this color change awkward...I use it as a control, where is very effective, but as a color change it is not...

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Is because you are looking at it with magician eyes...the grip is what makes this color change awkward...I use it as a control, where is very effective, but as a color change it is not...

Yes, I meant this as a color change. As a dribble it would be fine I guess, I'm just not a fan of the move. I do it every now and then when practicing to warm up my fingers, but that's about it. I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying I wouldn't use it.

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
i think it's a difficult move but a very good one too
it's just not for everybody, but look at his collectors handling it's very cool
i practice it every day and i hope one day be able to use it for real live performances

Aug 31, 2007
Yes, I meant this as a color change. As a dribble it would be fine I guess, I'm just not a fan of the move. I do it every now and then when practicing to warm up my fingers, but that's about it. I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying I wouldn't use it.

Somehow I believe if you perfect it, your opinion would change. It is ultimately my favorite card move. For everything, the angles are great, the change is brilliant, the control is redonkey-kong, and I've come up with a bunch of variations on it that are great. Its great for laymen, and for magicians. The only downside to me is the difficulty, which actually deters the beginners, which make it more exclusive for those who have it down. I wubz it.

Woah. First post in 2 months. Hi!

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
Biddle's grip of the deck is way different than Chad's grip on the deck. Chad's is like a death claw. The two grips are completely different. I see spectator's grab the deck like Biddle grip, but not Chad's death grip.

Ideally, the grip only changes to awkward when the shaking of the hand begins. You should clip and shift all in the shaking motion, and that gets rid of the window flashes and the awkward grip.

When done properly, before and after the move, the deck is held in a biddle grip.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results