Change... (my theory)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 19, 2008
manchester
so you read the title-

you face goes purple, your hands start to shake, your hair stands on end! "what!!!! ANOTHER change idea, WHY DO THEY DO THIS TO ME!!! ive told them to use the search feature! and he didn't throw the card of the screen AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!-

well actually no, I didnt use the search futures, its a different theory.

so were split in half,half thinks it video editing/ half of use don't.

well this is to the half that don't, right know, almost all of you don't know how he did it, well that is a good thing, because you are now a normal person, you have seen magic with your own eyes! its impossible -blah blah blah- BUT what could daniel madison do? to magic it even better?
could he make it more realistic? yes he could.

how could he make it more magical? could he show the cards all before hand, to show they weren't gimmicked? could he have shown you the card was normal? nothing wrong with it?

I want you to think what he could do to make it more magical... and then when/if he sells it you can use these ideas, and make it even more powerful, because you showed them the card normal, you showed them this and that, and what did it do? well the answers simple.

you showed them real magic....

so give your ideas on what he could do to make the trick EVEN better, MORE magical, and if you ever find out how he did it, you know have a trick that even fooled you, a magician, and you worked on it and made small touches that made it magic.

so know discuss.... :)

May 3, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com
i was just thinking about CHANGE and what its done to the magic community at large.
Faked or not faked, Daniel Madison has, with one (or two actually) videos, inspired everyone and got their creative juices working. Lets say he faked CHANGE. It doesnt matter anymore. There are a dozen or so people out there who have created similar "flawless" changes while trying to mimick Daniels CHANGE.
If its real, Daniel has still inspired people to come up with different methods of change.
Basically the method doesnt matter anymore. What daniel has done is shaken the community thrown us back to spectator-ship and made us think, instead of being fed methods from an overpriced over hyped spoon.
Personally, i dont EVER want to get CHANGE if its released. Its one out of three effects that have the ability to make me feel like a spectator.
My admiration goes out to Mr. Madison for coming up with this devious plot to get our creative juices flowing.

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
i was just thinking about CHANGE and what its done to the magic community at large.
Faked or not faked, Daniel Madison has, with one (or two actually) videos, inspired everyone and got their creative juices working. Lets say he faked CHANGE. It doesnt matter anymore. There are a dozen or so people out there who have created similar "flawless" changes while trying to mimick Daniels CHANGE.
If its real, Daniel has still inspired people to come up with different methods of change.
Basically the method doesnt matter anymore. What daniel has done is shaken the community thrown us back to spectator-ship and made us think, instead of being fed methods from an overpriced over hyped spoon.
Personally, i dont EVER want to get CHANGE if its released. Its one out of three effects that have the ability to make me feel like a spectator.
My admiration goes out to Mr. Madison for coming up with this devious plot to get our creative juices flowing.

That's one of the best posts I've read in a long time.

D.

May 19, 2008
manchester
I know, thats what I mean by this though, is their anything he could have done to make it more magical?

well I think if he showed it to a live audiance I would be impressed, well more impressed, but I mean, is their anything he could do now that make it more like real magic?

if he realeses it, I think he should put on a very big price tag, because hes realsing an effect which has changed the magic comuntiy.

so any ideas?

Dec 14, 2007
Faked or not faked, Daniel Madison has, with one (or two actually) videos, inspired everyone and got their creative juices working.

I think you may be overstating the impact this has had on "the magic community at large."

The magic community is large. And I assure you, this "change" has not made a ripple. Not "everyone" is inspired.

Great that you are. Don't get me wrong. Just wanted to point out that the world is much bigger than you may think it is.

Brad Henderson

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
It would be awesome if he could do it holding the corner of the card, instead of by the ends. Of course if he did that, people would shout "Snap Change!"...

webtech

Banned
Jun 14, 2008
if he realeses it, I think he should put on a very big price tag, because hes realsing an effect which has changed the magic comuntiy.

Changed the magic community? I don't think so. The only thing Daniel Madison changed was his credibility, when he did it again with a "Blink" card! Then his P.R. tried to spin it like it was a joke!

Sep 1, 2007
It would be awesome if he could do it holding the corner of the card, instead of by the ends. Of course if he did that, people would shout "Snap Change!"...

So why would that be great? Now people aren't shouting anything(except blink card).

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK

You summed up everything needed to be said better than I could have done. Well done.

Sep 1, 2007
Changed the magic community? I don't think so. The only thing Daniel Madison changed was his credibility, when he did it again with a "Blink" card! Then his P.R. tried to spin it like it was a joke!

Here we bloody go again. Everyone put your tinfoil hats on.

This is a perfect illustration of the arrogance and childish buffoonery that commonly plagues the magic community like a persistent strain of the flu. We all think we're smarter than we actually are (guilty as charged) and look for meanings where there are none. If ever we feel like we've been had, whether the con be real or imagined, we immediately head for the display case on the wall labelled, "IN CASE OF TANTRUM BREAK GLASS".

May 19, 2008
manchester
who cares how he did it? he made a colour change look like REAL magic... did he use a blink card? well good for him, I still think he used sleight of hand, so dont remind me ever again he "used a blink card" because ive been told.

Sep 1, 2007
yeah, and mentalists make stuff look like REAL MIND READING by using stooges. sorry but video editing to make effects makes me lose respect for a magician... of course if I saw it live I could "change" my mind ;)

webtech

Banned
Jun 14, 2008
Here we bloody go again. Everyone put your tinfoil hats on.

This is a perfect illustration of the arrogance and childish buffoonery that commonly plagues the magic community like a persistent strain of the flu. We all think we're smarter than we actually are (guilty as charged) and look for meanings where there are none. If ever we feel like we've been had, whether the con be real or imagined, we immediately head for the display case on the wall labelled, "IN CASE OF TANTRUM BREAK GLASS".
Aww, did I hurt your feelings Steerpike? Or are you afraid if you don't defend DM he may remove himself from your friends list on your myspace account? Now I am waiting for Thrallmind and Seanwhateverrhisnameis to chime in! I thought here we are free to comment on posts without being personally attacked?

Sep 1, 2007
Or are you afraid if you don't defend DM he may remove himself from your friends list on your myspace account?

Little boy, please. Trying to insult me is like spitting at the sky. The sky won't be affected in the least, and you'll just end up hitting yourself in the face in the process.

I don't own any of Daniel Madison's products. Not a one. I just find stupidity offensive.

I thought here we are free to comment on posts without being personally attacked?

You can say whatever inane drivel you want. But if you shoot your mouth off, eventually someone's going to call you on it. It's a little something adults call "consequences".

You're incapable of backing up your asinine arguments, and it seems to me that you're only spouting off your conspiracy theory in an attempt to sound smarter than you actually are. This doesn't work however as the last time we had this conversation, you proved that the limit of your wit was gay jokes.

God I hate magicians.

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
@_@ I certainly hope you're not talking about me.

"I r has bin foold lolz wtf daniel madisowhatevrehisnameislol can go to hell cuz he foold me lolz"

Grow up, you're an embarassment...

... To the human race.

- Seanwhateverhisnameis :D

webtech

Banned
Jun 14, 2008
Little boy, please. Trying to insult me is like spitting at the sky. The sky won't be affected in the least, and you'll just end up hitting yourself in the face in the process.

I don't own any of Daniel Madison's products. Not a one. I just find stupidity offensive.

You can say whatever inane drivel you want. But if you shoot your mouth off, eventually someone's going to call you on it. It's a little something adults call "consequences".

You're incapable of backing up your asinine arguments, and it seems to me that you're only spouting off your conspiracy theory in an attempt to sound smarter than you actually are. This doesn't work however as the last time we had this conversation, you proved that the limit of your wit was gay jokes.

God I hate magicians.

Quickly, let me get my book of insults and creative adjectives and formulate a semi intelligent sentence. Even if you are half as intelligent as you want us to believe, what a waste of time! You have over 1,000 post in a year and do nothing but attack other posters. Get a girlfriend dude! On second thought, I've seen the women in England.

Sep 1, 2007
Get a girlfriend dude!

What joke book are you referencing there? Here's a hint: don't get your "snappy" comebacks from books with a copyright earlier than 1860.

On second thought, I've seen the women in England.

Dude... I live in Pittsburgh. Quit while you still have a modicum of dignity to salvage.

Of course, I don't think that's going to happen. You're going to continue attacking anyone who doesn't buy into your bull**** conspiracy theory until the thread is closed, you get banned, or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results