CIB's Coming out in October 5!

Sep 2, 2007
No, Warning was pulled due to safety concerns.

Safety first!

I know that. It's just that it was said for people over 18 tyo use it (To minimize safety concerns) but to many young people were buying it. and THAT was more dangerous because they are still growing.

Sep 29, 2007
Forum Floors
I'm weary of praise that may not know 100% of the effect.

The raves I read were from workers...Like Justin Miller, Marc DeSouza and IBM pros.
Brad said we'll even see street magican Wayne Houchin on the DVD.

Obviously these effects have raised the brows of serious magicians and know what they're talking about.

Sep 1, 2007
You know how when people say that the magician levitated a foot off the ground when doing the Balducci levitation (funny how perception works)? I think you have to keep in mind some testimonials may be coming from audience members rather than people that know the secret behind the method. I'm weary of praise that may not know 100% of the effect. That's why we rely on reviews.

Well, we've already been told that the CIBs are practical, that Bullet is impromtu, and a Brad Christian post suggested that if Factory Sealed has a set-up, then it's something that can be done right in front of your audiences eyes. Then, even if most of them are from people who don't know, even you practically said that the testimonials for these CIBs are amazingly positive. Now let me ask you: If the effect is practical and accomplishable, and it looks amazing to your spectators, then what's the deal? Do you really need more? Remember, it doesn't really matter what the effect looks like from you as the magicians point of view, it matters what it looks like to common laymen who don't know the secret. It matters what it looks to your spectators, NOT you. So what difference does it make what the secret's like as long as it's practical/amazingly visual? You don't perform the secret, you perform the effect. And as long as the secret meets the above criteria, I'll be as happy as can be with these CIBs. Don't expect impossible magic, expect amazing illusions.

I hope that this post opened some of your eyes(yes I'm talking to all of you people who were dead excited for Indecent and now hate it because of the method). Indecent is a perfect example of the point I'm trying to prove. In my opinion, it's an amazing effect with a genius method. But most of you who don't like it don't like it because of what the effect is like from you as the magician who knows the secret's point of view. Bad, bad, bad....

I'm not trying to offend any of you that this might apply to, not at all. I'm just trying to open your eyes to the reality of the situation.

Sep 2, 2007
I know that. It's just that it was said for people over 18 tyo use it (To minimize safety concerns) but to many young people were buying it. and THAT was more dangerous because they are still growing.

Warning was removed because children were buying it, and, as a result, parents were complaining about the effect and its potential effect on their children's health. Ellusionist decided to play it safe, and removed the effect from the market, due to Warning's health/safety concerns, and concern for its consumers.

The raves I read were from workers...Like Justin Miller, Marc DeSouza and IBM pros.
Brad said we'll even see street magican Wayne Houchin on the DVD.

Obviously these effects have raised the brows of serious magicians and know what they're talking about.

The CIBs have gotten rave reviews from many in the field of magic, which makes it more interesting, as it's not the consumer or the producer who is reviewing the effect, it's a knowledgeable third party.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 1, 2007
Hong Kong
Guys i have to apologize for the post i made earlier about E hyping up these CIB items. You guys are right, they never hype up anything about them, it's just us fellows who have been hyping them up for the past 10 months or so.

I guess my view on E earlier was influenced by what they did with Indecent last Halloween.

Sep 29, 2007
Forum Floors
Guys i have to apologize for the post i made earlier about E hyping up these CIB items. You guys are right, they never hype up anything about them, it's just us fellows who have been hyping them up for the past 10 months or so.

I guess my view on E earlier was influenced by what they did with Indecent last Halloween.

Well it is October, I can see the confusion.
I think they revised their site around this time last year too.

Sep 29, 2007
Forum Floors
The CIBs have gotten rave reviews from many in the field of magic, which makes it more interesting, as it's not the consumer or the producer who is reviewing the effect, it's a knowledgeable third party.

Cheers,
JTM

Yes, Third parties are huge deciding factors.
Nobody wants to hear how great they are from the producers or the creators.

Sep 2, 2007
Are the CIBs supposed to come out before or after Stained Skin?

They're supposed to come out before Stained Skin, which comes out in November. Ergo, one could assume it will come out October, but again this is just speculation, like the "CIB's Coming out in October 5" rumor.

Cheers,
JTM

I've been trying to compare something not released to effects I know. That was a mistake. There's no possible way I can do that. There's also no way anyone can argue against my comparisons. Let's just wait for it and then we can see if these effects are amazing or not.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results