CIB's Coming out in October 5!

I'm imagining E's "revolutionary" coin in bottle will be a merging of a couple old ideas.

I could put a coin in a "factory sealed" bottle by combining ideas from Ben Williams' "Labelled" and Charlie Justice's "Prohibition".

Just my thoughts. I will not be purchasing.

Sep 2, 2007
I'm surprised that they didn't upgrade their website today. I thought that was the one thing we were certain of.

Well, the day is not over yet. They may update date it today at 11:59 PM.

But, I'm more interested in seeing the two CIBs, as they will have to be out of this world, no pun intended, to convince me to buy them, especially with the variety of coin in the bottle effects available.

Cheers,
JTM

Sep 29, 2007
Forum Floors
I'm imagining E's "revolutionary" coin in bottle will be a merging of a couple old ideas.

I could put a coin in a "factory sealed" bottle by combining ideas from Ben Williams' "Labelled" and Charlie Justice's "Prohibition".

Just my thoughts. .

Imagination is healthy. And, for goodness sake...never stop with ideas.

Here's a thought for you, though...
All of the above do not predate The Original Factory Sealed effect.
Ellusionist obtained the rights to Factory Sealed 2 years ago..and before that they were controlled by the creator for many years, who coined the term factory sealed. Now in the hands of e, it will be streamlined for us to perform.

Feel free to take those newer ideas and do what you want with them (if you've bought them), but FYI the penetration effect itself for "Factory Sealed" is a VISUAL, SLOW, OSMOSIS-Like INFUSION that is reported to be one of the most bizarre things anyone could possibly ever see. The penetration effect itself, is original, clean, and done with a borrowed item actually in the hand that gets absorbed openly into a full bottle of factory sealed water with no funny moves whatsoever.

Anyone can easily (as you say) "put" a coin in a bottle.
Now, to make it magical not just in the spectators mind, but through their own eyes takes some serious inner secrets. Marc DeSouza even said it looks like trick photography...even up close.

You go an cut up bottles, if that suits your fancy. Me?, from what I've read, I'll await this signature effect finally being made available to the rest of us.

Sep 28, 2007
bottle effects available.

"Labelled"

Mangling bottles is not my idea of practical magic.
Just way too time consuming for me.
I'll pass on ideas like labelled.

I have not been caught up in the hype, but am very much looking forward to Bullet and Factory Sealed because the creators behind them are very creative, with Nick Verna being someone who has really put his all into penetration effects in general.

Matthew Mello has impressed me with other effects and so I expect great things from bullet, and as it's co-created with Nick Verna im sure it'll be fantastic.

I try not to get caught up in hype either, but between the origin of these effects, backed up with solid names who've actually performed with them, along with a reputable production company, eminates something in a class of its own.

Not too excited about the teaser to be honest, as they'll probably show us nothing. I'll await th actual trailer and product page though.

Till then, be one with your magic.

Zen

Sep 2, 2007
I douybt it's coming out today. I mean...I haven't ev3en gotten any e-mail! But I was banned from the forum for exposing when I didn't and they might have cut my name from the mailing list. (I accidentally exposed a couple of effects, but I fixed it politely when asked. then a few months later, BAM! I'm banned! And I hadn't even posted in over a month!)

... the penetration effect itself for "Factory Sealed" is a VISUAL, SLOW, OSMOSIS-Like INFUSION that is reported to be one of the most bizarre things anyone could possibly ever see. The penetration effect itself, is original, clean, and done with a borrowed item actually in the hand that gets absorbed openly into a full bottle of factory sealed water with no funny moves whatsoever.

What you've described sounds a lot like "Passing Thru" by Kevin Parker. If you actually borrow the sealed bottle and coin, and the coin slowly penetrates the bottle, then that must be real magic. I'm not putting down the effect. But E is the master of hype and my past experiences with them have proven they do recycle old material.

Sep 1, 2007
i saw on another sight that sells tricks a CIB called impervious wich was a signed coin in signed bottle borrowed non gimmicked non setup then and there the spec can keep the bottle and everything it was a 42 dollar trick i think that is what E is planning on selling

i saw on another sight that sells tricks a CIB called impervious wich was a signed coin in signed bottle borrowed non gimmicked non setup then and there the spec can keep the bottle and everything it was a 42 dollar trick i think that is what E is planning on selling
Impervious does not use a signed coin. There are reviews in the reviews section of Impervious.

Mitchell

Sep 1, 2007
Hong Kong
It's October 6 and E's site is still unchanged. No demo for the CIB's, nothing new. What the hell. Is it their way of doing business?????? Keep building the hype till it becomes desperation????
But then again, Mr. Brad Christian has never been known in the magic community as a responsible man.

Sep 4, 2007
I douybt it's coming out today. I mean...I haven't ev3en gotten any e-mail! But I was banned from the forum for exposing when I didn't and they might have cut my name from the mailing list. (I accidentally exposed a couple of effects, but I fixed it politely when asked. then a few months later, BAM! I'm banned! And I hadn't even posted in over a month!)

Dizzi,

Please email me the name you used on E to rjohnson@ellusionist.com. If there was an honest problem, I will investigate it.

RJ

Sep 4, 2007
It's October 6 and E's site is still unchanged. No demo for the CIB's, nothing new. What the hell. Is it their way of doing business?????? Keep building the hype till it becomes desperation????
But then again, Mr. Brad Christian has never been known in the magic community as a responsible man.

What...do you honestly have a leg to stand on, or are you flopping on the ground right now?

First off, as has been pointed out by more responsible users here, Brad never gave a date for either the release of the demo vids, or the release of the product. How do you get it in your mind to call him irresponsible for the prattle of T11 members?

Things will be released when it is time, when they are ready...that is our way of doing business.

RJ

Sep 1, 2007
What...do you honestly have a leg to stand on, or are you flopping on the ground right now?

First off, as has been pointed out by more responsible users here, Brad never gave a date for either the release of the demo vids, or the release of the product. How do you get it in your mind to call him irresponsible for the prattle of T11 members?

Things will be released when it is time, when they are ready...that is our way of doing business.

RJ

Exactly. I wish word had never gotten out about this speculation because now everybody thinks that E "failed" even though they said nothing about any of this. All Brad said was that the teasers would be up soon. He said nothing about possible dates, only we did. Come on guys, try to get your facts straight. And while you're on it, re-read RJ's post above because it pretty much says everything that I'm trying to say only better.

Yes! It is their way of doing business. It is proven to be successful not only for them but for many of the magicians they promote, including some that are here at T-11 now.
Let’s face it, ellusionist got many people interested in magic again. They also gave a huge jump-start to the careers of a few magicians/magic creators.
As for Brad being known as anything less then responsible, I have to strongly disagree.
Remember “Warning”? Remember the Aliun levitation? Both of these were deep-sixed at great expense. After much hype, Aliun never made it to the market. It was deemed unsafe so the “irresponsible” Brad never released it. Warning was short lived. It too was pulled at great expense, out of concern for safety. Both of these situations cost a lot of money.
I have no problem with Brad or 99% of the other people at Ellusionist. They are good people. The only person I have issues with is the person I find myself supporting with this thread. Ironic is life.

Curtis “Miles of Magic”

Sep 1, 2007
It was probably the doof on T11 that said the CIB's would be released on the 5th since the new store site was going up that day. Not sure where he got his information.

Bagwell is online, so I will direct his attention this way.

RJ

HA.

Sep 28, 2007
sounds a lot like "Passing Thru" by Kevin Parker. If you actually borrow the sealed bottle and coin, and the coin slowly penetrates the bottle, then that must be real magic. l.

You need to do your research.
Passing thru is NOT clean.
Factory Sealed's test conditions are way more impossible.
Plus, the absorption effect has been around a LOT longer than Kevin Parker.
The creator of Factory Sealed was doing magic before Parker was even born.

And the ellusionist company hasn't hyped anything.
The people who want to see it are "hyped" over it.

Why? because pro magicians, world renowns, memebers of the IBM and SAM not only like it...but use it themselves.

You need to do your research.
Passing thru is NOT clean.
Factory Sealed's test conditions are way more impossible.
Plus, the absorption effect has been around a LOT longer than Kevin Parker.
The creator of Factory Sealed was doing magic before Parker was even born.

And the ellusionist company hasn't hyped anything.
The people who want to see it are "hyped" over it.

Why? because pro magicians, world renowns, memebers of the IBM and SAM not only like it...but use it themselves.
Fact of the matter is, Factory Sealed is not on the market, yet. But physical evidence is the strongest evidence of all, we don't have this in our hands yet, even with the word of the pros, IBM members and such, it's their word.

brian.

Sep 28, 2007
I'll take their word over someone who tries to compare the Factory Sealed description to something like 'passing thru'...which I know for a FACT is not clean.

Sep 29, 2007
Forum Floors
As far as Kevin Parker's "passing thru" and words like "recycle"...

Allow me to relay some info...
Look up the ancient old effect "coin thru light bulb."
Check out the method...
Kevin Parker..original? You tell me.

As far as innovation...'Factory Sealed' laced that track long ago.
E hype? Where? Theres no product page.
I can count on one hand the posts I found from my message board search from E Staff members giving status to these projects.

Listen to Mister Johnson people...
When they are available for release...they will be released.

Aug 31, 2007
You know how when people say that the magician levitated a foot off the ground when doing the Balducci levitation (funny how perception works)? I think you have to keep in mind some testimonials may be coming from audience members rather than people that know the secret behind the method. I'm weary of praise that may not know 100% of the effect. That's why we rely on reviews.

Anyways, keep this in mind. Speculation almost always leads to disappointment (obviously this was just proved yesterday).

Sep 2, 2007
Yes! It is their way of doing business. It is proven to be successful not only for them but for many of the magicians they promote, including some that are here at T-11 now.
Let’s face it, ellusionist got many people interested in magic again. They also gave a huge jump-start to the careers of a few magicians/magic creators.
As for Brad being known as anything less then responsible, I have to strongly disagree.
Remember “Warning”? Remember the Aliun levitation? Both of these were deep-sixed at great expense. After much hype, Aliun never made it to the market. It was deemed unsafe so the “irresponsible” Brad never released it. Warning was short lived. It too was pulled at great expense, out of concern for safety. Both of these situations cost a lot of money.
I have no problem with Brad or 99% of the other people at Ellusionist. They are good people. The only person I have issues with is the person I find myself supporting with this thread. Ironic is life.

Curtis “Miles of Magic”

Actually., to my knowlege, Warning was pulled because people were buyiong it, not heeding the over 18 warning of it...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results