Clear Plastic Block?

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
A friend of mine was given a box of magic props by a friend of his who used to do magic. Yesterday we were going through the stuff and he said, "What's this clear deck thing that fits inside a card box?" The sides are roughed up and from the side it looks like a deck of cards. If you put one card on top if it, you'd swear you were holding an entire deck of cards.

I said I thought it was for a kicker ending to an ACR but wasn't sure.
Anybody know? What is it called and how is it used properly? What effects are possible with it?

Thanks for your replies. Also..if he decides he doesn't want it, what do they retail for? Where are they purchased from?

its called an omni deck and it is a killer ending. its something you will want to use.
not 100% sure on where to see the use. but basically you switch out the deckand bring in the cube when the person isnt really looking, they are looking at their card.
the way you switch it is you break under the top 1 or 2 cards, put the deck into a cop kind of position and go to your pocket to get something, like a peice of paper to cover the deck, wand or a marker, or even a hankie/silk.
you bring out the omni deck and put that underneath. you take their card and put it in the deck via tilt, then you can show its not the top 2 cards or the top 1 card
you can prly find some routines on youtube using the omni deck. but its a KILLER

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoZiFDkoCH8 that is a nice performance of it

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
Yep, Chris is right, it is called an Omni Deck. You can find these at Penguin for $11 or so. A great tool indeed.

I use it every day at the restaurant I work at. I do a two card selection routine, in which I force a card and have one freely selected. Then, I control the freely selected one to the top.

Then, I double lift, and pretend I messed up...etc. Make a joke about the card box, and place the top card (their selection) into the card box and tell them to shake the box. After they are done shaking the box I have them look inside. That is selection number one.

While they are shaking the box, I simply put the deck in my back pocket and switch it with an omni deck that has the forced card on top. I then say to. The other spectator after the first reaction is over "i didn't find yours yet though."

So I have them hold their hand out flat, place the omni there, (no spectator has ever felt the difference between an omni deck and a real feel of a bottom card/deck) and place their other hand on top.

I say "I am going to steal all the cards except for your selection...etc." A lot of buildup though!

Then do a steal-like gesture and say "it is done."

This is a very confusing moment for laymen because they can physically feel the deck and that you haven't taken anything.

I tell them to turn over the top card. As they see their card, they also notice that the deck is clear. I was right after all! Haha.

Honestly, this trick is remembered forever, and I hope one of you will use it, as I am already feeling bad about revealing it (it is my original creation).

I can truthfully say that no spectator has ever held the omni on their hands for longer than a second, they immediately throw it on the table or ground, shocked and scared sometimes!

Then they pick it up later to inspect it. One of my top 3 favorite tricks, easily, as it is so simple to perform, yet so hard hitting.

Its easy to come up with a signed card version, too, but I wont reveal my handling of that here.

PM me if you really are curious though.

Good luck.

All the best,

-Sanj

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Shawn Farquhar also sells a slightly modified version of this called his 'Ultimate Invisible Deck.' The only real difference is that an Omni Deck is exactly the same size as a card, as in if you put a card on top of it the sides will line up perfectly. Shawn's only modification is that the block is just barely smaller than a card, so it's easier to do lifts off the top.

You can see his version here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7mSk9C6uzo&feature=related

I use the Ultimate Invisible Deck to end my ACR, but I do it a bit different than Shawn's. My ending has their card on the bottom of the deck, face up, and then the block. Pretty much garners the same reaction every time, "Yeah! That's my card! Wait ... what the .. " (They pick up the omni deck) " .... where are the cards? HOW'D YOU DO THAT!"

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Ah....very nice gentleman. Thank you for all of the help. I'll let him know and if he doesn't want it I'll just buy it off him for a couple bucks.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
James Brown has a very nice hallucination plot on his professional opportunist DVD's I highly recommend them they are nothing like anything else on the market.

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Honestly, every magician should own one of these.
It's a great closer for any card worker.

Rev, I bought one from E awhile back. It comes with a set of instructions to perform an acr with no deck switches, but making up your own effect is way better. Definitely snatch this up from your friend if you can. ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results