Confessions of a Conjurer

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
So I was surfing the net and found this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Confessions-Conjuror-Derren-Brown/dp/1846572606

From what I can see its going to be an audio book by derren brown, first time I have seen this.

And that got me thinking.
I am sure all of us magicians have done something we are not proud, whether it be take advantage of a not very bright spectator or get your friends to misdirect the audience with a phony fight scene, so the audience won't catch you out on your secret move.
So just post up your story of things you did that you are not proud of and just confess. Let of your chest and we can have some fun :D

In fact I did get my friends to set up a fight scene, thing is we just got out of drama class and we have been doing theatrical fights for a long time, so I gave them the signal. And I got a spectator, and did an ACR, and to the bit when I was about to do the classic pass, my friends started fighting, went unnoticed. Note that this was when I started out, learning the pass from Royal road. The fight looked so real, they actually punched each other but they did so well that they would just slightly just hit each other. Their timing was perfect.
We had fun, played around a little bit, fooling suckers/spectators.

So post up your confession, can be anything like my example.

Looking forward to see your responces....Yes you.....YOU.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
well...I got invited as a guest to a wedding...but I only got 4 tickets for me and my friends...and this girl that I really liked wanted to go...so I invited her and when the person who was collecting the tickets ask for 5 tickets I did an Elmsley count to count five so this girl could enter...

I am not proud...but it was totally worth it since we dance all night long!!!

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
One time at work, my friend and I were trying to decide who could go home early since it was really slow. We would've done the usual cointoss, but we didn't have a coin. So we asked one of the girls at front desk to write down a number between 1-100. Knowing how the majority of people will think of 37, I said 37. I was right.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
One time at work, my friend and I were trying to decide who could go home early since it was really slow. We would've done the usual cointoss, but we didn't have a coin. So we asked one of the girls at front desk to write down a number between 1-100. Knowing how the majority of people will think of 37, I said 37. I was right.

wow!! is that true? 37? I am gonna have to try it out

Nov 7, 2009
I was at the cinema and I got a ticket, popcorn and a drink and first she put down the popcorn so as soon as she looked away I put it under the counter and asked her if the film was any good and I talked to her for 30 seconds and when I was paying she forgot about the popcorn. (Ive done this twice)

And I once did 3 card Monte at my youth club and earned £50 in one bet (then i stopped :) )

Dec 12, 2009
London Uk
well...I got invited as a guest to a wedding...but I only got 4 tickets for me and my friends...and this girl that I really liked wanted to go...so I invited her and when the person who was collecting the tickets ask for 5 tickets I did an Elmsley count to count five so this girl could enter...

I am not proud...but it was totally worth it since we dance all night long!!!

AHH THATS AWESOME... AWESOME!!!
haha

Alfie:

I used to the same thing for a while when I was about 13/14, back than I loved doing short cons at school. Before I started magic.

Sean:

I am so going to try that!!
Come to think of it, 37 is pretty common

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
I often find myself talking in everyday conversations using hypnotic technequies.

I have used cold reading and psychmetrey (real not the who has what plot) ideas to show how much I know about females.

My final piece of assement for my degree was only a slighty variation on my stage show.

I have often used small things to con people out of drinks at the bar.

I once worked a psychic fair for the sole reason to work on my readings and a few routines I was working on.

Everytime I pick up a fork I test how bendy it is.

I am probably going to stop now because the rest is too incriminating.

I remember the last time I was in a cafeteria I was buying a soft pretzel and honey mustard. The problem was I didn't have enough for honey mustard. The mustard was in a very small, sealed cup. Small enough for me to palm. So I palmed it while I paid for the pretzel and later enjoyed my honey mustard and pretzel! I felt pretty guilty afterwards though. Haha.

May 3, 2008
We had to make boardgames in my history class. Weighted dice definitely help with that. ;) And it's always fun peeking the bottom card of the chance cards and controlling it to the top as you "shuffle" the cards.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results