Convention question

I think that rhymed.

Anyways, I have a couple of questions about Conventions. I have never been to one so Please help:

1. Are the lectures, and Shows Come with the package of buying the pass to go to the convention.

2. Do you have to stay at the hotel where they hold the convention.

3.What are the chances of hanging out with professionals.

4. Do you need any extra money.

Thanks if you can help.

Sep 1, 2007
California
Though I have yet to be to a Convention, I have heard some info that might help.

1. Yes, they do come with the ticket.

2. I do not believe so.

3. Somewhat high. I have heard many people hang out with some great people at conventions, whether they are large or small.

4. Yes, I know for a fact that there are "shops" or little places with cards, dvds, etc. But you wouldn't be able to buy those with just your ticket/pass.

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
I think that rhymed.

Anyways, I have a couple of questions about Conventions. I have never been to one so Please help:

1. Are the lectures, and Shows Come with the package of buying the pass to go to the convention.

Thanks if you can help.

you going to magi-fest? if so i'll see you there. haha

1. yes they do

2. No, I have never seen a convention where you are required to stay at the hotel.

3. A chance very close to 100%, for example at magifest, there are plenty of tables in the lobby for people to session and everyone hangs out and shows tricks so the only thing stopping you from meeting who you want is walking up and saying "hi"

4. Couple years ago at magifest I met daniel garcia and he was doing some cool things that he never released until they came out in Magic Magazine last summer.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
While we're on topic about conventions, anyone know of any conventions happening in Norway?

Sweden works too I guess, if the time is right.

Keep me posted!

Gustav

I think that rhymed.

Thanks if you can help.
Let me see.....

1. Yep

2. Nope, but I'd suggest somewhere close :p

3. Very high, depending on who the professionals are and how many people are at the convention.

Last convention I went to I hung out with John Carney and Alain Nu.
Alain is very good at flourishes :p

4. I'd suggest it, but it's not entirely essential.
The lecturers will sell material after they're done, and it's usually great stuff.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results