Custom USPC Bicycles - Build Your Own Deck!

So I just found out that the USPCC now offer an online service for printing custom Bicycle decks using any image that you care to upload. And this isn't some "100 deck minimum" thing - you can order just a *single* deck if you like.

-=- Sweet! -=-

I've always wished there were affordable, good quality decks for XCM that had bold, modern designs. Rider backs are quaint and all, but to really show off your flourishes, you want something with a more simple geometric design, that rotates well, like Jerry's Nuggets (...except who in their right mind is going tp play hundreds of dollars for one deck of cards, right?!).

So: What would be cool is if us folks came up with a few wicked designs that would be good for flourishing, and if there's one that we all like, some noble person could run off a batch and shove them up on eBay. Start a new wave or something!

I am busy Photoshopping as I write this!

The images need to be 825 x 1125 pixels.

oj

Oct 18, 2008
http://graphic-content.deviantart.com/art/Genesis-Deck-Design-95932493

i designed these several months ago, with the same sentiments in mind.

i have several others, but haven't posted them. will soon.

***edit*** should've said this sooner...but i actually had 'variation 2' of those cards i designed printed by the 'bicycle service' you mentioned in your post, and i gotta say, im kinda disappointed. the stock is great, being bicycle and all, but the finish isnt what you would hope. its doesnt fan very well; it clumps easy - but then again, considering that flourishing requires alot of packet manipulation that may or may not be a good thing. hope that helps.

Cool, I will certainly check out your designs!

So the problem with the deck quality - are they not using the same linoid finish as the store-bought Bicycles, then?

Maybe I'll have to con my boss into running off a batch with the company logo on them, under the guise of a 'morale event give-away' or something, just to get a closer look, tee hee... ;-)

oj

http://www.bicyclepersonalizedcards.com

...its separate to their main website. They don't seem to be a particularly web-savvy company, I have to say! Although the image uploader is pretty solid (you can adjust it, and clearly see what you're gonna get). That's as far as I've gone with it yet, though.

Also: If you search on eBay or Amazon, you will find vendors selling a 'kit' for about $13 that is basically just instructions and a promotional code for your first custom deck (so that's a $7 saving I guess).

So apparently Michaeal Herp's "pretend Nuggets" were created using this service, and he does mention in this thread on DanAndDave.com that the finish is pants. I'm *guessing* its like flourishing with Pokemon cards (yes, a fun thing to do, provided you don't attempt any fanning!).

He also mentions a promo code that you can use on site to get 3 decks for the price of 2...

Last edited by a moderator:
May 16, 2008
How have you all just now discovered this? Its been advertised on ad cards in bicycles for FOREVER. I ordered a deck and i have to say that its cool and all but they really arent in any way as good as regular rider backs. Plus rider backs are about 17 dollars cheaper. haha.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results