David Blaine - Drowned Alive?

Masters of Illusion: 5 appearences 4 have aired 1 to come.

1 movie appearance (all be it deleted scene) Good Time Charlie productions: Charlie Wilsons War with Tom Hanks.

Do you want to blindly attack any more of credentials?

Drop the attitude with me sir, unlike the bulk of what posts here I know a little about what I speak of.

You are free to post your opinions, I just posted mine. I'm sorry I made you feel insecure.
great resume.....

For T.V. specials there has to be something BIG. These stunts,much like houdini's days,get people talking and intrigued. A full show dedicated to close-up on T.V. is never gonna cut it.
For the spectators that are witnessing it live its amazing,but the same effect isnt going to be for the people watching it at home.
Duh.
make the stunts worthy.....escape cage of lions with a big piece of raw meet attached to your body....i'm not sure thats possible...but make it worthy.....endurance is a test of time...and a lot of spectators will get bored....the thing with the girls teeth was prolly the hardest effect i have ever seen.....

May 31, 2008
make the stunts worthy.....escape cage of lions with a big piece of raw meet attached to your body....i'm not sure thats possible...but make it worthy.....endurance is a test of time...and a lot of spectators will get bored....the thing with the girls teeth was prolly the hardest effect i have ever seen.....

I agree, some of his stunts have consisted of nothing more than him standing up for long periods of time.

I don't see what's so wrong with David Blaine doing his endurance stunts. People wouldn't watch his specials if all he did was a bunch of close up effects. That's just something that's not TV worthy. It's also why Masters of Illusion only has like small little shots of close up stuff and a lot of big stage illusions.

Another thing is that there is nothing wrong with him trying to better himself, Physically and mentally.

also these stunts were done before he was on TV. David Copperfield would do one or two stunts like that in many of his specials. Hell I think he collapsed from lack of sleep during his Tornado of Fire stunt.

I do agree that the last special was kind of lame. Tho the ending was mainly due to Bush's speech and things that Blaine had no control over.
i think what masters of illusions do...if you can somehow find ways to do some of that on the streets...that will impower your skills...imagine being able to vanish a woman right before a crowd of people eyes....(without camera work)

May 31, 2008
i think what masters of illusions do...if you can somehow find ways to do some of that on the streets...that will impower your skills...imagine being able to vanish a woman right before a crowd of people eyes....(without camera work)

Can I end clean? Is their a gimmick? Just Kidding. That would be great. I don't think I've ever heard of a magician doing that without camera tricks. Then again, there's no actual proof that our buddy Criss uses camera tricks.

Jan 13, 2008
If that's the angle Blaine wants to play for his act in order to make a buck the that decission is souly for him to make, and possibly his managmemt.
Although I agree with most of what you said, I'd just like to point out that Blaine has said he doesn't do these specials for the money. According to him, he makes a boatload of cash from his private gigs (I remember him mentioning a figure of up to $100,000 for a private party).

However, if I were to guess, I'd say he does the specials to spread magic for everyone to enjoy...and to keep magic in the minds of laymen, and to advertise himself and keep his private gig rates nice and high. :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results