Diary of a Nitwit Magician

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
There's two distinct possibilities here.

He's either a move monkey who values style over substance in the extreme and only practices magic to buoy his ego.

Or he's pretending to be an egocentric moron in order to satirize people like Brian Tudor. Unfortunately, the joke is getting rather old.

Egocentric Moron?
Why dont you try to create a OH cut
its Fu**g hard
It takes a lot of understanding to create a OH Cut

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Why dont you try to create a OH cut
its Fu**g hard

I was wondering how long it would take for that strawman to come up. Really, it doesn't matter to me how hard it is to do a one-handed cut. If you can't make it in the least bit entertaining to the laity, it means bugger all to me.

Still, none of this has anything to do with my point. How about sticking to the topic at hand instead of trying to distract people with bogus cliches?

May 19, 2008
manchester
day 43

I learned how to do a really good double lift from my mentor, I was amazed! I went home to practice and I showed my mum, she said it was really good, I think im getting better now so I went out to look for tom, I showed him my double lift and he said it was good but I needed to work on bits of it, then he showed me how to do those bits, hes not really an A-hole any more!

when I got home I practiced my magic for a few hours, then, when I switched on the tv I saw this guy called david blaine, he was really good and I decided I would one day be as skillfull as him, I decided that I would talk to my mentor about him and his tricks.

I had a bath and went to bed feeling really good about my magic and stuff.

-----------

(is this any better than my last one)? thanks

Mar 29, 2008
Day 44

My mentor said I made many mistakes yesterday - he said, "never show a sleight out of context, as you are just showcasing a move", and "why would you show someone how to turn a card over, it is not normal" - I realized that there is an internal and external reality that exists in magic - what I am REALLY doing and what they THINK I am doing - I must keep these in mind.

Also, David Blaine is his own magician - my mentor said I can be my own person - my humour, pet peeves, and own life experiences can all be on display when I present - David Blaine's magic is cool - but I am sure it is only time before someone exposes all the methods and tricks he uses - I might as well stick with my books and stuff that not every new kid is doing.

Lastly Diary...I think I am going to shower like an adult now...not bath so much anymore...and what kind of moron writes about bathing all the time in his Diary...my life is far more interesting. I realized I can't wash the "I used to suck at magic" smell off me - that will just go away with more practice and better journal entries!

PS - I will stop doing drugs

Day 45
Guess what? I sold my moped, and I bought some chicken nugget cards! They're really smooth and slippery. I think they're the best cards in the world! (Besides my Spongebob cards, of course.) I'm gonna go do this new trick I learned with them, it's called the Eddnose change. It's awesome!! I'm soooo much better than Tom.

Sep 1, 2007
Day 45
Guess what? I sold my moped, and I bought some chicken nugget cards! They're really smooth and slippery. I think they're the best cards in the world! (Besides my Spongebob cards, of course.) I'm gonna go do this new trick I learned with them, it's called the Eddnose change. It's awesome!! I'm soooo much better than Tom.

/sigh

Morgician, just so you know if you need a shoulder to cry on, I'm here.

I swear, it seems the point of this thread is so far beyond most of these rabble that the only way they'll ever see it is through The Hubble telescope.

Mar 29, 2008
Hahah Steerpike - don't know what I would do without you!

Yeah, um...HIyoujustJACKEDmyMAGICstory...or is it HACKED!?

Jokes aside Hijackedmagic - you are missing the points of the story, the growth. I assume it is because you are young and new to magic, so as much as I appreciate your attempts and enjoy the thread, perhaps this is a good chance to ask questions and learn.

Cheers.

Oct 6, 2007
Sigh...

Steerpike and Morgician....I feel your pain.

This thread is another reason why I feel the online T11 community is not worth talking to anymore (a small handful of people I can cope with....). As I said in another thread: lately it's been turning into another E community. Full of losers who don't have have a clue of what their talking about and think they're the S**t. I'll probably be called one of them too, but it's not like this place does any good for me and the most I'll get is an internet boo-boo...How sad.

Sorry for being so harsh.

Hahah Steerpike - don't know what I would do without you!

Yeah, um...HIyoujustJACKEDmyMAGICstory...or is it HACKED!?

Jokes aside Hijackedmagic - you are missing the points of the story, the growth. I assume it is because you are young and new to magic, so as much as I appreciate your attempts and enjoy the thread, perhaps this is a good chance to ask questions and learn.

Cheers.
I'm just having fun. I'm not "new", more intermediate. (5 years.) But yes, I am younger, but I understand the growth, how the writer sees what magic is really about, and how many magicians actually are like this (well, maybe not quite like this) when they start off. My 2 cents.

Mar 29, 2008
DJ and Steer - diamonds in the rough.

Hijacked - then all I can say is - when you write - try to progress the character rather than relying on the past - your journal entries are painful, so if it is not your youth in magic - it may just be that you don't get the underlined text or growth of the character....

what is the deal with the bath stuff? Do you still take baths? How old do you see this character...as he is hanging out at bars but getting bathed by his mom? I guess in that sense...funny, but I don't know if I see the character as mentally challenged........

then again after hanging out at this forum..............

Sep 1, 2007
I'm just having fun.

And in that, you missed the point entirely. Morgician progressed the character to someone who has finally started understanding his wrongs, then you rewind the clock all the way back to his actions in the first entries in order to have a cheap laugh for your amusement and no one else's.

May 19, 2008
manchester
day 47

I sold my new cards (my mentor advised me to) on ebay.

Terrible news diary!!! My mentor said to me that he leaving for six months on a "around the world cruise", I don't know what I will do without him! He told me that after I had finished some of the books he had given me I should buy something called "card collage", he told me if I bought that and studied the pages that by the time he comes back from his cruise I should be a really good magician! He also told me that I should save up my money because the serious isn't cheep but is worth it.
Also dairy I'm going to finally tell you about my mentor, he said that hes been in magic for 20 years! He said he used to perform in las Vegas and he had a show every night and it was often packed, I now feel really proud that I have a mentor like him.

I went out to meet tom at the bar and we discussed magic for a bit, after a while I brought up the "card collage" books and he told me that we (tom and me) could study them together and help each other understand, I'm really exited now that I have a freind who also does magic (tom).

Then I went to the magic shop and talked to the owner about magic and stuff, he told me that he could mentor me while my real mentor was away on his cruise.

when I got home I had a long hot shower and went to bed.

---------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 48

This is a great week! Tom and I have been reading the Card College books, and he's been helping me. He told me what to learn first, and what to save for later. He's even going to help me on my tricks, then let me perform at the bar with him. Jeff gave me this cool thing called a thumb tip, and Tom is helping me learn tricks with it. It's amazing, Tom said he uses his every day. And best of all, there's going to be a convention in my town this week, and Tom got us VIP passes!! I can't wait, there's going to be tons of professionals giving advice, and I'm going to get feedback on my tricks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results