Title: Twixter

Artist: Neil Trigger

Producers: Trigger Magic

Link: Available At Your Favorite Murphy’s Magic Dealer

Demo Video Link:

Retail Price: $24.95 USD

Learning Difficulty: Beginner

Length of DVD: 10 Min (Approx.)

I’ve always said: “Show a magician the secret inner workings of the universe and he’ll find a way to reveal a selected playing card with it.” Thus comes the Twixter.

This isn’t going to be a long review. This trick is about as imaginative as a smoking hot turd on a log. Force a card, then find some hackneyed reason to introduce a fake chocolate candy bar for a hack joke about it being a magic “twix”, just to reveal the selected card on a bar of “chocolate” that you can’t even eat. Spend two hours with Royal Road or Tarbell and you’ll have a half dozen more powerful card tricks at your disposal than this piece of overpriced shit.

When you open the package, you get two gimmicked plastic candy bars. They look kind of like a Twix candy bar, being the right shape and color; Shit-stain brown. The instructions are online, which saves them the time on printing DVDs that no one is going to watch. You don’t even have to watch the tutorial video. Just look at the candy bar, see what the card reveal is, and force that card. Ta-dah. Pocket sized, and instant reset sure. But weak ass excuse for using a prop, and a half dozen better things to do with a deck of cards. Worst of all Jon Armstrong, a noted card expert and a good friend of mine, even lent his name to this by giving a marketing quote. It’s like Neil Trigger knew this shit was going to stink so bad he had to throw Jon’s name on it just to try and get it to sell one or two copies. Jon’s quote: “A pretty sweet trick” wasn’t even a complement. It’s literally low hanging fruit to make a candy pun promoting the product. Hope he got paid for that quote.

The tutorial video is overtaught at 10 minutes in length. That should give you an idea of the simplicity of this trick. Neil’s presentation is helped by his sophisticated British accent, which softens the blows of his horrible lines about “every magician needing to have twix up his sleeve.” The motivation for using the props is horrible (see before joke), but the handling is worse. Who carries around open candy bars in their sleeves? Who decides which bar to use before putting the other back into their pocket sans wrapper? This entire setup screams FAKE PROP, to which point why are you even using this stupid gimmick to reveal a card anyways? Having a card selected and then reading their mind with a bit of showmanship would arguably be more impressive than this prepackaged pile of dog shit. The instructions say to place it on their hand or on a table. If you decide to use this trick, DON’T place it on their hand. It feels nothing like a candy bar. The weight is wrong, as is the texture. It screams setup. Just don’t do it. “Oh but Draven you can just buy a candy bar and put it in the wrapper instead.” I can hear you scream from the other side of my computer. Well you can put lipstick on a pig, but it’s still a pig.

Performing with this prop leaves audiences really underwhelmed. Just watch the trailer video and you can see the audiences in the video are like “Oh… okay… Guess I should say something nice about this right?” Real life reactions are about the same. People just aren’t wowed by this. Everything from the prop to the motivation is tacky and the audience knows it.

Overall this is a giant waste of the average person’s time. Somewhere out there, there is a magician who does work with candy, or kids, and this is going to speak to them. More power to you! But I don’t see this being a best seller, and I certainly don’t ever see me performing this anytime soon.

When I give my product scores below I am measuring them on a scale of 1 to 10. 1 Being absolute the worst score possible, and 10 being the absolute best, making a score of five average. The four points that I grade upon is Product Quality, Teaching Quality, Sound & Video Quality and Overall Quality.

Product Quality: 1

Over Priced, piece of plastic garbage.

Teaching Quality: 2

Over taught, considering you don’t need a tutorial on how to do this. Step 1: Force a card, Step 2: Use stupid hackneyed prop to reveal said card.

Video & Sound Quality: 7

The only good thing about this trick.

Overall Quality: 2

Very few things have ever scored this low in my reviews. This one is my new Alpha Cards. This product sucks. The only reason why I didn’t give it a score of 1 is because the magic trick actually works when done.

Do you have a product you want reviewed? Want to see if it will stand up to the Draven Seal of Approval? Contact me directly at thewilliamdraven@gmail.com to find out how your product could be on the next Draven Reviews! Don't forget to like my blog where all my reviews are posted at www.williamdraven.wordpress.com.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results