Facebook Store

Jun 9, 2008
Hi,

If you saw some good magic products selling on a facebook store would you buy the product if you liked it?

Regards,

yo 27

Facebook has a store? (I only use mobile version so sorry if I'm a bit out of date).

What kind of question are you asking? Are you asking if this facebook store offers magic products? Or are you saying that they DO carry products and are asking if we would trust purchasing from them?

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Since when is there a facebook store? Speaking of buying things from facebook - Calen Morelli (in one of his created effects) he used these cards that had facebook profiles on them? I'd love to know where he got those!

Jun 9, 2008
Yea it's a widget that you can get.
My question is:

If i made a facebook store and sold effects on it would you buy them if you liked them

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I don't know. It would depend on the prices and what is being sold. I usually only shop for magic at T, E (not so much), and Penguin. If I have to (for instance if those 3 don't have something) I will go to other, more professional websites that sell magic that I know are legit. Honestly, I probably wouldn't buy from facebook. I don't even get on facebook very often anyhow. I just don't see how it would benefit me over the other suppliers I buy from.

Hypothetically speaking I'm pretty sure that if you made a facebook store, and then went on to advertise it here, you'd get your threads shut down fairly quickly for breeching the forums no advertising policy.

Secondly to answer your question: No I wouldn't. I don't purchase magic online much at all simply because I try to support my local brick and mortar store, unless it's an item that I know I can only get through an online source. Secondly, I don't know you, and I have no reason to trust you. So until you establish a reputation, I'd be very cautious of buying something from you, that I could say purchase from my local magic dealer.

Get a store going, don't advertise it here, and build up a reputation first, and then we'll talk.

Yea it's a widget that you can get.
My question is:

If i made a facebook store and sold effects on it would you buy them if you liked them

Sorry but I still don't fully understand what you mean. Are you using the widget to kind of have your own online retail store or are you simply just trying to get rid of a few books/dvds you no longer have use for?

If you are trying to go with the online retailer route, then I would agree with Draven that the forum rules will not allow it. But if you are just trying to get rid of a few of your effects you don't use anymore, I know a few members around here just list the effects they are trying to sell in their signature. I don't think that would be against the forum rules (that I'm aware of, someone correct me if I'm wrong)

I'm not a mod or anything, but I'm fairly sure you can't sell anything on the forum, be it personal stuff or otherwise. I could be wrong but I think I've seen threads get shut down before when people have tried. I'll take a look at the rules again, to be sure.

Update:

The forum rules state the following:
"On TRADING/SELLING MATERIAL:
This is a place to discuss magic. We’d prefer that you keep all trading and selling of personal items to other venues. Few people would like to know about your eBay auction for a Chicken McNugget that strangely resembles Chris Kenner’s profile. Actually, I’m lying. That would be insane. I’d bid on it. But a slightly used Invisible Deck? Not so much."

So I would interpret that to include the sale of personal items. There are sites such as E-Bay for those purposes.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
I'm not a mod or anything, but I'm fairly sure you can't sell anything on the forum, be it personal stuff or otherwise. I could be wrong but I think I've seen threads get shut down before when people have tried. I'll take a look at the rules again, to be sure.

Personally...I think you should be a mod...why the T11 staff hasn`t made you one already? they must make you a mod!!

Update:

The forum rules state the following:

So I would interpret that to include the sale of personal items. There are sites such as E-Bay for those purposes.

Thanks for clearing that up Draven. So Drew, there's your answer.

Personally...I think you should be a mod...why the T11 staff hasn`t made you one already? they must make you a mod!!

Good question; I don't know. Maybe they have had other more qualified people to consider? Maybe they don't need any more mods? Maybe they don't want to work with me specifically? Maybe they are biased against me because I wear shoe laces? Who knows. I'm not worried about it. I'm happy being a member in good standing in the community here. If the day should come that they want me for something, I'm sure they'll come looking for me. I'm not that hard to find around here.

Nov 9, 2010
Good question; I don't know. Maybe they have had other more qualified people to consider? Maybe they don't need any more mods? Maybe they don't want to work with me specifically? Maybe they are biased against me because I wear shoe laces? Who knows. I'm not worried about it. I'm happy being a member in good standing in the community here. If the day should come that they want me for something, I'm sure they'll come looking for me. I'm not that hard to find around here.

I'm pretty sure it's because J.B. is jealous of your facial hair growth.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results